786 times

Emigration books?

When we were looking at emigrating I was desperate to read other people's stories - how they'd come to their decisions, where they'd settled, had they settled?! that kind of thing; as well as practical advice, especially people with families (which is probably how I ended up on this forum).

Some of the books I read were terrible but a couple were really useful; and now we're packing up again to move house I've been flicking through the ones I kept to see how much was actually relevant to our story. Did anyone else find others stories helpful or was the internet a better source of information than a book? Has anyone thought of writing a book since moving?

Felixstow, NE burb :) Heaven!
      588 times
      We've got quite a lot of info from before, during and after our emigration on our site - we never thought of putting in print due to costs etc (and online is one thing, but in print makes it a lot more big headed that anyone would want to read it from my pov on our story if that makes sense lol).

We don't have a family (yet) but still hopefully there is some helpful info for people, especially teachers :) hope you enjoy
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)