Things that make you go hmmmmmmm....

Diane

Was watching my son's school soccer game the other day and one of the other mothers turned to me and said "Which is your grandson?" Hmmmmmmmm.....

OH was at the hospital at the weekend getting his wrist x-rayed after a cycle crash on his way home from work and when he gave his year of birth, the nurse looked up at him and said "Is that Nineteen 62?" Hmmmm....

Australia is obviously a very ageing place!!!

I know what you mean Diane, I was shopping in an IGA store and the teenager at the till asked if I wanted a bag? so joking I said no but I will have discount instead, she said OK, when I checked the receipt she had given me pensioners 10% discount, I was 55 then:swoon: being a Yorkshireman, I found the discount was more useful than the insult.

Not sure if this fits the "hmmm"lol Was at a festival today.So we get to the stage earlyish to ensure a good view of the stage?I'm only 5ft 1inch tall so obviously a lot of people are taller than me!So there we are,waiting for the band to start,and as soon as they do?A couple push in front of us (way taller than me)and I can't see diddly squat!The lady turned to me and said "Are we in your way"???:arghh:I nearly replied "Nah its ok,I can usually see through people"!!!! I ended up saying "Yes you are actually!"She then through me a dirty look,said something to her OH and they moved on! Why do people do that?Seriously not only is it damn right rude,its inconsiderate!Hmmmmm!lol

I thought you were only as old as you feel. Hope OH is ok after his accident.

Barney, assuming you're a male, the saying is "You're only as old as the woman you feel" :biggrin:

Diane, sure hopes he's on the mend. Can't do anything with a stiff wrist. It was his wrist, right? By the way, if the nurse had to "look up" to him, where was she and what the hell was she doing.......the mind boggles.:shocked:

Barney, assuming you're a male, the saying is "You're only as old as the woman you feel" :biggrin:

Diane, sure hopes he's on the mend. Can't do anything with a stiff wrist. It was his wrist, right? By the way, if the nurse had to "look up" to him, where was she and what the hell was she doing.......the mind boggles.:shocked:

Tut tut wash your mind out with soap! She was "looking down" at the form she was completing! Duh!!!

Yes, he's fine thanks Doug and Barney - lost it on a muddy and slippery corner in the park luckily and not on a road where he'd have got squashed by passing cars. Just when I thought the kids had got old enough not to come in with scabby knees and bruises from "falling off their bikes"..... Helmet has a couple of scrapes on it as well where he slid along n his head for a bit - time to thank the Australian laws about helmet-wearing....

I know what you mean Diane, I was shopping in an IGA store and the teenager at the till asked if I wanted a bag? so joking I said no but I will have discount instead, she said OK, when I checked the receipt she had given me pensioners 10% discount, I was 55 then:swoon: being a Yorkshireman, I found the discount was more useful than the insult.

Maybe the teenager should have gone to 'Specsavers':biggrin:

Me and my Husband were in a fruit and veg shop on Brighton RD when the check out woman,aged about 45,looked at us spellbound,as she heard the non Adelaidean accent.All excited like:wideeyed:she asks us if we are English! Then,deadly serious,she asks us if we know Harry and Wills!!:confused::smile:

We have a work experience lad at work. Nearly 17, his mum he tells me is three years older than me who is only just thinking about children.!

Wait a sec! Am I being blonde here?

If the kid is talking about his Mum then surely the first time she thought about having kids was at least 17 years ago!

Hmmmmmm?

:frown: LC

Wait a sec! Am I being blonde here?

If the kid is talking about his Mum then surely the first time she thought about having kids was at least 17 years ago!

Hmmmmmm?

:frown: LC

Looks like you need to get the hair dye out LC:tongue:, she means it is blossom herself who is only just thinking about having kids! A little punctuation and an extra word would have made it a little clearer, but who am i to pick out these things!!

Looks like you need to get the hair dye out LC:tongue:, she means it is blossom herself who is only just thinking about having kids! A little punctuation and an extra word would have made it a little clearer, but who am i to pick out these things!!

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Thank you!

:notworthy: LC

A couple of years back we had a Graduate engineer at work, he was 24 yrs old, he has had a car since he was 17 (auto license only), any way he got a company ute, and he had to do the weekly vehicle check, and after some 7 yrs of having his own car he did not know where the oil or transmission dip sticks were or even what they could possibly look like, also he did not know how to check the water in either the radiator or the washer bottle, he did not even know where to look for the spare wheel!:shocked:, now get this, his dad did it for him:swoon:. He's 24 years old!! At least he has taught me that there are other types of dipsticks:biglaugh:

get ready for the deluge from the ladies on this one!