Samsung Galaxy S3 screen repair

sinob

I know when hubby dropped his iPhone and the screen smashed he bought a kit online and repaired it himself. Was an hour of his time and a fraction of what it cost paying someone else to do it. If you are handy with that sort of thing might be worth looking in to. I'd not have tried it but hubby doesn't mind that stuff so was happy to give it a go. Phone is still going strong btw ;)

I know when hubby dropped his iPhone and the screen smashed he bought a kit online and repaired it himself. Was an hour of his time and a fraction of what it cost paying someone else to do it. If you are handy with that sort of thing might be worth looking in to. I'd not have tried it but hubby doesn't mind that stuff so was happy to give it a go. Phone is still going strong btw ;)

Hi Snifter, good suggestion - I looked at a couple of the you tube tutorials and it looks like something I could mess up (fat fingers!). Would love to try it to save money but afraid I'd kill my poor phone!

Ive taken my Samsung to the shop in the train station in the CBD - it cost about $150

That'll be Jun Solutions. Korean guy. Does a good job.

Hi Snifter, good suggestion - I looked at a couple of the you tube tutorials and it looks like something I could mess up (fat fingers!). Would love to try it to save money but afraid I'd kill my poor phone!

I did a self-repair on my HTC. Ended up buying a new phone because the disassembly instructions were not as complete as I originally thought :sad:

I would now recommend taking broken phones to professionals.

I did a self-repair on my HTC. Ended up buying a new phone because the disassembly instructions were not as complete as I originally thought :sad:

I would now recommend taking broken phones to professionals.

Hi sidestep, thanks for the advice, wow you must have been annoyed, to put it mildly!

I'll go to Jun Solutions at the train station : )

Just a bit. Luckily I was able to source an identical phone from Gumtree and, based on my disassembly experience, was able to simply transfer my old phone motherboard into the new phone. Doing this enabled me to retain all the photos, contacts, notes etc I orginally had. Even the IMEI number is the same. It's now like I never dropped my original phone.