So what can I send from the UK to Oz for Xmas?

Lily Rainbow

Yes I know,a depressing thought right?:cute:I'm confused!Last year,for my son's birthday(He lives in Adelaide)I sent him,amongst other things,a Bodyshop aftershave set.Sent it from the Post Office,no problems.So Last Xmas,I brought son & gf toiletries and so on,filled out the little coupon thingy where you have to confirm whats in the parcel,and when I handed it to the PO staff,they informed me I had to open said parcel and remove the toiletries!!So........I have two questions!

(1)If I used Debenhams,and their international service for delivery,can I send toiletries this way?

(2)Can I send toiletries via Royal Mail?I have done so before as I said,but last year could'nt?

Any other idea's of sending parcels (as cheap as possible please)would be appreciated!

I'm not sure about toiletries, I can't see why there would be a problem with them. But a cheap way to send stuff would be M&S online and send it free :)

Also Amazon, Next, The Book Depository (and probably loads of others) send things this way which are cheaper to buy in the UK and pay the postage (or not if it's free P&P).

My aunt managed to send our 11 year old son flower and veg seeds in his birthday parcel - she obviously didn't list them on the customs form just wrote birthday gifts (I don't think she realised what she was doing; she's 76) now we're not sure if we should actually plant them or not...

Guest Guest12727
Yes I know,a depressing thought right?:cute:I'm confused!Last year,for my son's birthday(He lives in Adelaide)I sent him,amongst other things,a Bodyshop aftershave set.Sent it from the Post Office,no problems.So Last Xmas,I brought son & gf toiletries and so on,filled out the little coupon thingy where you have to confirm whats in the parcel,and when I handed it to the PO staff,they informed me I had to open said parcel and remove the toiletries!!So........I have two questions!

(1)If I used Debenhams,and their international service for delivery,can I send toiletries this way?

(2)Can I send toiletries via Royal Mail?I have done so before as I said,but last year could'nt?

Any other idea's of sending parcels (as cheap as possible please)would be appreciated!

It depends on the contents of the toiletries - possibly the alcohol in the product.

I ordered some toiletries from M&S and they sent 2 of the products but cancelled the third as it wasn't able to be sent overseas - it was shower gel, but they sent bubble bath no problem.

Ah ha!That must of been why they would'nt let me send the toiletries!I think the PO lady read the ingredients and they both had a small percentage of alcohol!! In a way though that does'nt make sense either?Last time i left Adelaide,I brought a 1 litre bottle of Bundy at the duty free???And thats like what? 40% alcohol???I am definately sending the presents online from a store though.Last Xmas cost me £75 to just send the bloody things!:mad:

Edited by Lily Rainbow

Guest sithewindows

But if its like most things here, will be twice the price. Just bought some Gillete razor blades from Coles yesterday for $18 and thought they were expensive, looked on Tesco website this morning and they are £3.75 for exactly the same thing. Not moaning, just saying.

The body shop is over here, so you could see if you can buy online from Australia and get it sent straight to them?

Guest vikkiann
But if its like most things here, will be twice the price. Just bought some Gillete razor blades from Coles yesterday for $18 and thought they were expensive, looked on Tesco website this morning and they are £3.75 for exactly the same thing. Not moaning, just saying.

When I went back in July I bought my hubby a years supply of razor blades in Asda.

Not that it makes him shave more often!!

I think you should send him a parcel full of Monster Munch, Quavers and Hula Hoops.

Now thats tempting Diane!lol Just an update on the Xmas shopping issue.....So I spent over an hour trawling through Debenhams website yesterday arvo,chose non toiletry items.I picked out two nice tops for my son ok?Got to the checkout and then was informed they were "not permitted"for international delivery??????? Come on Debs?Tops?Why?