Stress! Removal company arriving tomorrow...

guspjmh

We've cleaned the outside stuff and got nearly all the rooms ready (ish), but still have quite a few things to disassemble and lots to take to temporary accommodation which aren't being shipped. How helpful are the removal teams, or are they like ants that just want to come in, pack everything and go?

Hi

Know the feeling ours are coming in three weeks as long as the sale of house goes through. Had enough of sorting and clearing out, car boot sales and selling on line. We were thinking the samectrying to get each room ready incase they are like ants. Have you done anything special with your indoor furniture apart from a good polish x

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck with the whole move.

Kathy x x x:arghh:

We've cleaned the outside stuff and got nearly all the rooms ready (ish), but still have quite a few things to disassemble and lots to take to temporary accommodation which aren't being shipped. How helpful are the removal teams, or are they like ants that just want to come in, pack everything and go?

My big tip put everything not going in one room and tell them not to go in there.Close the door and put a sign on it.

Chill out and enjoy the process - its all part of the move to Australia. If you have a good removal company who are used to international moves then the men may have some advice. If you have done absolutely no research into shipping then the worst thing that will happen is that some stuff will get pulled out by AQIS and they will either charge you a fee for give you the option to bin it.

Hi, just to let you know we were told NOT to polish any of the furniture as the wax would react to the temperature changes in the container as it travels from cold to warmer climate.

Don't stress about the removal guys they are usually very experienced and helpful. Good luck.

Guest sithewindows

Not a problem if its coming here at the moment!

Hi, just to let you know we were told NOT to polish any of the furniture as the wax would react to the temperature changes in the container as it travels from cold to warmer climate.

Don't stress about the removal guys they are usually very experienced and helpful. Good luck.

Guest sithewindows

Are you still in Port Noarlunga? We just moved from there to our long term rental in McLaren Vale. Container in port so they tell me.

Wait until you get that container arriving excitement!! I'm giddy knowing my crap will arrive soon & I can sleep in my own bed with my own pillow & lounge on my sofa....bliss

Hi

Know the feeling ours are coming in three weeks as long as the sale of house goes through. Had enough of sorting and clearing out, car boot sales and selling on line. We were thinking the samectrying to get each room ready incase they are like ants. Have you done anything special with your indoor furniture apart from a good polish x

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck with the whole move.

Kathy x x x:arghh:

We didn't do anything special, the removals company were great. Really helpful and no problems.