Where do people come up with them??

Guest Claire-n-tel

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hello!

Just seen a forum name this morning that actually made me laugh out loud......got me thinking about every ones forum names and where you got them from?.....

I'm obviously very unimaginative.....i think its fairly transparent where mine came from!

So where did you all come up with your names?

Guest Guest75

Mine of multipurpose really.

Mainly because of my Yorkshire heritage - we are called Tykes from that neck of the wood.

Can't tell by accent at all now!!!!!!!!!! He says:wink::wink:

Some Aussies ask if I am from Scotland!!!!!!!

Also "Cheeky Tyke" ,that can cover me as well:goofy::cute:

Easy to type in as well - unlike some huge long names - then ya get lazy ond leave it on your groups.

There are loads of fun names out there............. I always remember "Crunchy Frog" for some reason.

In another,defunct migration forum - "Rootin' Rabbits" was a poster.:biglaugh:

You feeling a little bette today Claire???

Mine is the abbreviation of the names for the children we never had - we had three and used names that I like (obviously) but there's always those spare names so I use them instead. It's hard though because I have different names on different forums and have to remember which I am today....

Always good to use different names on different sites - I applaud your internet security knowledge :notworthy:

Zebedee for me just because I like the magic roundabout.

Guest Claire-n-tel
The much missed Snifter lollies

WOW!.......Really?!.....little green lollies called snifters!? I love the way we all speak the same language but some things just do not translate! Had to post my brother in uk some clinkers lollies when we first saw them!!

Guest Claire-n-tel
Heh yeah. Of course 'lolly' in England is different.

I miss Snifters *sniff*

Yep lollies are on a stick, but when i think snifters i would think of snot/bogies and clinkers to me were the bits of poo matted fur out neighbours dog had stuck on its bum!

(hmmmmm.......enjoy your tea!)

Guest Guest75
Yep lollies are on a stick, but when i think snifters i would think of snot/bogies and clinkers to me were the bits of poo matted fur out neighbours dog had stuck on its bum!

(hmmmmm.......enjoy your tea!)

They are called "Dags" here Claire - get with it!!!

Also the word "Clinkers" - here they are a kind of choc coated liquorice torpedo in the lolly isle - never fails to excercise my titter muscle.

Guest Claire-n-tel
No, Clinkers have fruit-flavoured crunchy, kinda chalky, centred lollies and they are mega-yum! The game is to guess what colour centre you've got - they are nom-alicious!

:wink: LC

I thoght they were YUC!......reminded me of the stuff my granny used to always be crunching on i think it was called edinburgh rock?