Avatar change - again! .... David Bowie.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Yeah,yeah,yeah.....I'm an old fart.........

But a hooge David Bowie fan...

40 years ago since "Pin Ups" was released..........

Hence the avatar change.............. stuff the Twiggy n' Dave album front cover pic!:biggrin:

I heard Hunky Dory round a friends house when I was 13 (the album belonged to her older sister) and from then on was converted, and became a huge Bowie fan. Managed to win tickets to the world premiere of The Man who Fell to Earth film in Leicester Square (which was pretty rubbish), then saw him in 1976 on the Station to Station tour at Wembley, the first big concert I ever went to, was amazing even though Bowie seemed miles away on the stage (we obviously had the cheap seats!). Whilst my friends had the Bay City Rollers or David Cassidy posters on their walls, for me it was David Bowie :notworthy:

Guest Guest75

Seen the Man 6 times live...from huge arena to 1700 ticket "do" at The Town and Country Club in Leeds :notworthy:

Some fundamental albums in my life. / some early / some late. Not the 80's though!

Even our boat is named "Jean Genie" :wink:

Guest Guest75
Moonage Daydream and China Girl are some of my faves by him.He sure is the Prettiest Star!!:biggrin:

I had a suit like that made for me...........in powder blue.:biggrin:

Sort of glad there are no photos because I don't think I pulled it off like the Man did.:unsure::unsure: