Its that time of the year....

Guest MrsHills2

Guest MrsHills2

I really need help/ideas re a Christmas gift for Aunt and Uncle who live Interstate.

They are VERY wealthy and really do have everything, both have been wonderful to us since we arrived here. I have so far sent a fruit tree, coffee table books, a painting and am now stuck. I am not handy at all so hand made gifts or cooking stuff is no good whatsoever. Also they are both very fussy eaters so a hamper is really out of the question. This year we don't have a lot of spare money so cheapish would be good. Thanks everyone:smile:

I really need help/ideas re a Christmas gift for Aunt and Uncle who live Interstate.

They are VERY wealthy and really do have everything, both have been wonderful to us since we arrived here. I have so far sent a fruit tree, coffee table books, a painting and am now stuck. I am not handy at all so hand made gifts or cooking stuff is no good whatsoever. Also they are both very fussy eaters so a hamper is really out of the question. This year we don't have a lot of spare money so cheapish would be good. Thanks everyone:smile:

:idea:How about a 'Cheap as Chips' gift card! bet that's something they have never had before?:nah:

But really how about one of those photo books from 'Snapfish'? (also calendars and other similar things) you could dig up some old family photos and add them to it. We have received and sent some lately and quite enjoy doing give an excuse for looking at all your photos again and bringing back some memories. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

How about giving to someone else on behalf of them????? kmart wishing tree appeal (this can be done cheaply,my son used his advent money last year and it bought 2 presents for kids that would usually go without)??? Oxfam??? then send them a picture or card telling them what you gave...that's what im doing for my mum and dad, they are not wealthy and do not have everything BUT my mum is god damn fussy and always moans about what I get them so this year I am buying them a paver at Christie Beach Surf Club with there names on it and dates they have visited.....then im going to take a picture and send it to them in a frame.....she will probably moan about this (my dad will love the idea) but at least this time I have given my money to a worthy charity :)

Jo

Edited by jomark
more info

Get them a voucher from Lendwithcare.org - My sister got me and my OH one of these each last year, you go onto their website and pick an entrepreneur to sponsor, lend your money to them, then they pay you back, and you can relend to someone else. I have a lovely lady farming ducks that I sponsored in Cambodia. http://www.lendwithcare.org/

Alternatively, get them tickets to a show near them that they might enjoy.