what a First week

Guest taffs

My last post was a day after we arrived and wow a week has gone already!

First few days the weather was not so hot, so I guess it made it easier for us to get into the swing of things but now its time for plenty of fluids and my fridge is full of beer!

Got my first interview on Monday, I did not think that would happen so soon, Really happy about that.

well first week where has it gone.

Drove into the city to activate bank accounts and pick up debit cards

Registered with Medicare

Australian sim cards and phones sorted

TFN numbers applied for.

Viewing long term rentals

Purchased a car

drove up to brighton for a look around

To keep the kids happy and stop the nagging we have been to Moana beach, Port Noarlunga beach, Christies beach, Aldinga beach and Brighton beach! thats without the parks - which i won't list!

Burnt my nose!

drunk about 20 bottles of wine :biglaugh:

really enjoying ourselves and living the dream

Hope all of you who have arrived are settling in well

Jason & Gail

Guest MandiMR2

Hi Jason & Gail, wow sounds a busy & fun packed 1st week. Huge congratulations on your interview & best of luck.

Can I ask if you know how long it takes for TFN to be processed? I'm planning on arriving next month & start my job in March at the RAH & hoping it will be completed in time!

Hi Jason & Gail, wow sounds a busy & fun packed 1st week. Huge congratulations on your interview & best of luck.

Can I ask if you know how long it takes for TFN to be processed? I'm planning on arriving next month & start my job in March at the RAH & hoping it will be completed in time!

Hi Mandi

We applied for our TFN on line when we got here, it was an easy process takes a few minutes. I read when filling in the on line application it takes 2 - 3 weeks so apply soon as you get here and you will be fine.

Good luck

Jas & Gail

[quote= What line of work are you in?

Thanks Jessica.

Well in a nut shell, I have 25 years of hands on experience in heavy industry/Manufacturing, Gained Numerous Health & Safety qualifications (NEBOSH, IOSH, CIEH etc) and several mobile plant driving licences (Fork lifts, skid steers, front loaders and dump trucks ), Also so I could increase my level of safety awareness to co-incide with my safety qualifications, I worked in the fire service for 7 years as a retained Fire fighter.

Cheers Jas

[quote name= What line of work are you in?

Thanks Jessica.

Well in a nut shell, I have 25 years of hands on experience in heavy industry/Manufacturing, Gained Numerous Health & Safety qualifications (NEBOSH, IOSH, CIEH etc) and several mobile plant driving licences (Fork lifts, skid steers, front loaders and dump trucks ), Also so I could increase my level of safety awareness to co-incide with my safety qualifications, I worked in the fire service for 7 years as a retained Fire fighter.

Cheers Jas[/quote]

And it all counts for 'Jack S#%t' once your here. You have got to start all over again, it gets really frustrating/annoying when you go on these training courses and you know more than the teacher!! and how dumbed down some of the training is.

Good luck with everything, and just go with the flow, bight your tongue, you get there in the end!:smile:

And it all counts for 'Jack S#%t' once your here. You have got to start all over again, it gets really frustrating/annoying when you go on these training courses and you know more than the teacher!! and how dumbed down some of the training is.

Good luck with everything, and just go with the flow, bight your tongue, you get there in the end!:smile:

Hi Keith & Linda

We have travelled 11000 miles to start all over again!! so that does not bother me at all, I have not come here to be the next millionaire.

I just want to earn enough to enjoy.

Thanks for the advice

Jason

Hope it's all going well for you guys! It's so much to take in at first, we are in the same boat.

Hi Gus & Family

Yeah all`s good here, as you say its so much to take in and get done but we are having some fun at the same time too.

Hope alls well with you, bet your still getting over the flights and the jet lag hey

Once were all sorted it be nice to meet up

Jas