It ain't half hot Mum!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

On the news today it said that Adelaide is the hottest city in the world at 46c!!!

Phew,it's scorchio!!:swoon::swoon:

Dropping down to more manageable temps over the weekend.....looking forward to it..

Our dogs are getting cabin fever as it's too hot to take them for a walk, poor things.

We haven't made it to 46 degrees today yet. They were predicting we would break the record and become the hottest city in the world, but at 4.30pm they were saying on the radio the highest it has got to today is 43 degrees in Adelaide.

We have all been sat at work willing it to get hotter (crazy I know!) just so we could become the hottest city in the world. Even the DJ earlier was yelling "c'mon" wanting it to break the record.

It's hiding under the bed weather.....I am at work and when I come in those double doors in the morning .....it is bliss...you can see the relief on everyone's face once they get in. The phone has been playing up though so the technology doesn't seem to like it. At least it looks like it will drop to 28c on the weekend.

Guest Guest75

No real cool spot out there,,,,,,,,,,,,,last time I looked it was a bit short of trees and shade in the sea........:tongue:

It's all about the wind with me, had some really rough seas and it's not funny or safe - specially as I do a lot of long range solos ( going 35k's out today)

A really rough day we were caught out in, just a sudden squall throwing 3 metre waves at us. Glad there was another boat out there.

45 minutes to get to the spot............. 3hours to get back.

My partner got his boat licence this week and went out Wednesday on his own and was out ALL DAY! He caught two squid lol.

It reached 45c exactly where I work yesterday but it actually didn't feel that bad. I work with plants so it was a full day out in the sun watering them to try to stop them karking it.

I have to admit - I love this weather. On my days off work I have been spending time at Moana and Silver Sands beach - it feels a bit cooler and I spend my time from lying on the sand to swimming in the sea. If I'm working we make an effort to get down the beach after work and have a swim and watch the sunset - beautiful!!

Sarahx

Word of advice from the horrors of personal experience - remember to keep your eggs in the fridge in this weather! Nothing like breaking open a rotten egg , and dropping it onto the floor in disgust to ruin your day...

I never used to keep my eggs in the fridge until I moved here - it's no wonder the fridges here are so huge the amount of stuff that needs to kept either cool or away from the ants.

We were planning to go to Ballarat next week, spending this weekend camping in the Grampians, which is on the way.

When I saw the forecast a couple of weeks ago about the predicted heatwave I was worried about bushfires so we didn't book any accommodation up.

Just as well as the Grampians is ablaze with a huge bushfire at the moment, it's really scary!

We were planning to go to Ballarat next week, spending this weekend camping in the Grampians, which is on the way.

When I saw the forecast a couple of weeks ago about the predicted heatwave I was worried about bushfires so we didn't book any accommodation up.

Just as well as the Grampians is ablaze with a huge bushfire at the moment, it's really scary!

I know, we've stayed a few times in the Grampians with some lovely people who are the local native fauna rescue reps - they are near Wartook which is one of the places that keeps getting mentioned, so I really hope they are ok. They have an underground bunker on the site specifically for occasions like this, and I remember them telling us about how they soaked their cabins with a hose last time they were under threat to try and protect them.

Walking through the Grampians though, you can see just how unmanageable a fire would be - there is so much fuel for it everywhere (bark on the ground etc) and so many inaccessible areas. Must be very scary. They are evacuating Halls Gap as well I heard.

I know, we've stayed a few times in the Grampians with some lovely people who are the local native fauna rescue reps - they are near Wartook which is one of the places that keeps getting mentioned, so I really hope they are ok. They have an underground bunker on the site specifically for occasions like this, and I remember them telling us about how they soaked their cabins with a hose last time they were under threat to try and protect them.

Walking through the Grampians though, you can see just how unmanageable a fire would be - there is so much fuel for it everywhere (bark on the ground etc) and so many inaccessible areas. Must be very scary. They are evacuating Halls Gap as well I heard.

We almost booked up at a campsite near Wartook, then thought we would go to Halls Gap. Having researched all the accomodation there on the net recently I feel I know the area, even though I've never been. Let's hope everyone is safe, although apparently one person has died in the northern Grampians.

We almost booked up at a campsite near Wartook, then thought we would go to Halls Gap. Having researched all the accomodation there on the net recently I feel I know the area, even though I've never been. Let's hope everyone is safe, although apparently one person has died in the northern Grampians.

Halls Gap is lovely, travelled there for the weekend when I used to live in Melbourne. Just been looking at the emergency.vic.gov.au website and there's an emergency warning for Halls Gap been issued in the last hour by the looks of it. Was looking at the site as my oldest son is current on holiday, stopping at his friends house in Birchip. He said everything is fine there, but there's numerous fire which are all around 100km away by the looks of it.

birchip.png