Thunderbolts of lightning.. Very, very frightening

Blossom

Is everyone having amazing thunder and lightning storms? We have some beautiful wind flowing through the house and rain for the lawn.

The thunder and lightning have been going on for quite a while. One bolt hit very close by and we have alarms going off now (not ours, someone close).

Kinda lovely after the hot weather.

Yes, it was amazing...unless you were a small, very frightened cocker spaniel! :sad: She practically burrowed into us while we tried not to make a big deal of it but it went on crashing for aages.

I haven't been on Facebook yet but I'm betting there will be many posts from people who have lost, or found, animals that have escaped through sheer panic.

Our scaredy dog makes me wonder how all the other animals deal with it whether wild or domesticated.

LC

My cats watched the lightning out the window for about a minute before getting bored. We had all the doors and windows open to cool the house so they were in full on playing mode. Lol.

My dog has no problems with anything like that. When she was a puppy we took her to building sites, train stations, fireworks displays (had to carry her so she didn't step on sparklers). She did bark at an earthquake a couple of years back though lol.

My cats watched the lightning out the window for about a minute before getting bored. We had all the doors and windows open to cool the house so they were in full on playing mode. Lol.

My dog has no problems with anything like that. When she was a puppy we took her to building sites, train stations, fireworks displays (had to carry her so she didn't step on sparklers). She did bark at an earthquake a couple of years back though lol.

That's cute :)

Like you, we flung all the windows open (unwound them really but 'flung' was how it felt lol!), opened the curtains and doors and gloried in the breeze coming through. Then psycho dog decided to go full-on sook mode and I had to close them all again :(

The other dog (Maltese x) was fine, didn't care at all. I don't know what makes one dog care and another seem so blasé, stranger yet, the cocker didn't care about bangs, thunder or anything when she was a puppy but over the last few years she won't have a bar of it. Guess I should just be grateful she's not a great dane haha!

Oh well!

:wubclub: LC