British Yorkshire Pudding Day!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Happy British Yorkshire Pudding Day!!!!! :notworthy:

With heritage ( and rich accent) it is something to celebrate!

Bit too hot to celebrate this properly today as it's 40c plus again today and that oven is NOT going on!!!:swoon:

Waiting for a cooler day as I love Mrs Tyke's puddings (it's not a code for anything else) (Mind you it might be!):biglaugh::biglaugh:

A link to a little bit of chatter about it................

http://www.national-awareness-days.com/british-yorkshire-pudding-day.html

Guest Claire-n-tel
I love Mrs Tyke's puddings (it's not a code for anything else) (Mind you it might be!):biglaugh::biglaugh:

EEeeeeewwwwwwww!!:shocked:

You are in soooooo much trouble when she sees that post!

Guest Claire-n-tel
oooohhh...love love love Yorkshire puddings - its gotta be Aunty Bessies though!!

Oh Yuc!......noooooo.......horrible things!

My friend always uses those things she says they are easier.......

Someone showed me a never fail yourkshire pudding recipe years ago and it has NEVER failed me, you don't have to weigh anything and it even works great with gluten free flour!

Hey I was very nervous trying but they even got the thumbs up from Tyke and Mrs Tyke!:swoon:

Guest Claire-n-tel
So Claire, are you going to share your 'no fail' recipe with us all? :biggrin:

hmmmmm.....well ok but only if you promise never to even look at an aunt bessies again!

you need 2 glasses exactly the same

Crack 3 eggs into one glass

Put flour into second glass up to same level as eggs come

sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt,

pour milk into that glass level with egg

make well in middle of flour and add beaten eggs, whisk well

top second glass with same amount of milk as first

add first glass of milk to mix and whisk, slowly add 2nd glass of milk until consistancy of single cream.

put jug in fridge

put teaspoon of oil into each hole of 12 hole cake tin put in 200c oven, leave for 5-10 minutes until oil starts to smoke

stir batter mix then quickly take tin from oven, pour batter half way up each hole and put back in oven

Leave in oven for 20 mins until risen and browned......Don't open oven while cooking!

ENJOY!:smile:

oh and if you tell anyone that i may have to hunt you down! :wink:

add milk to mix and whisk, add more milk as reqired to get consistancy of single cream

hmmmmm.....well ok but only if you promise never to even look at an aunt bessies again!

you need 2 glasses exactly the same

Crack 3 eggs into one glass

Put flour into second glass up to same level as eggs come

sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt,

pour milk into that glass level with egg

make well in middle of flour and add beaten eggs, whisk well

top second glass with same amount of milk as first

add first glass of milk to mix and whisk, slowly add 2nd glass of milk until consistancy of single cream.

put jug in fridge

put teaspoon of oil into each hole of 12 hole cake tin put in 200c oven, leave for 5-10 minutes until oil starts to smoke

stir batter mix then quickly take tin from oven, pour batter half way up each hole and put back in oven

Leave in oven for 20 mins until risen and browned......Don't open oven while cooking!

ENJOY!:smile:

oh and if you tell anyone that i may have to hunt you down! :wink:

add milk to mix and whisk, add more milk as reqired to get consistancy of single cream

Must be plain flour, not self raising, also use lard and not oil, but for a southerner Claire not bad:wink:

Guest Claire-n-tel
Must be plain flour, not self raising, also use lard and not oil, but for a southerner Claire not bad:wink:

Oh come on Keith!......i NEVER use self raising flour for anything!.....:wink:

It was just a nudge for the many who lack such culinary skills. My lovely west country wife had doubts about her cooking skills on this matter until my mother put her right.

A couple more tips, best let the mixture stand overnight, and you always use the same tins for cooking Yorkshires and never wash them! ( the tins that is!)

Happy eating.

Edited by Keith & Linda
clarification