Adelaide ahead again!

Guest Guest12727

Guest Guest12727

Thanks to Zealander who reminded me of this post, that got no response, not one Like or comment and I am very upset about that Diane. :sad:

This was posted so obviously tongue in cheek :tongue: and is a good example of what you get in the Murdoch press here. So happy to put, Murdoch press - pinch of salt. There are such obvious confounders in these results, such as holiday locations all ranking high. How Adelaide got so high, I have no idea!!! But a bit of fun anyway - I like to beat the bigger cities, no matter how frivolous.

For those not familiar with Australia's media reporting, be wary of what you read. Reporting is often very one sided and with an agenda. Keeping in mind that we are in the lead up to an election, the reports reflect this. Adelaidenow, which is the online version of SA's only newspaper, The Advertiser, is owned by Murdoch - as is The Australian. They have recently started charging to read more than 5 articles online, I don't subscribe, so see a few articles based on whether the headline looks worth reading. Unfortunately, the headlines often don't match the article content, typical of the media reporting standards. So I definitely am not tempted to purchase a subscription. We stopped buying The Advertiser about 7years ago.

I must have missed this when you posted it. Good one. It says that people in the hotter weather seem to be happier.....perhaps they drink more....:wink:. I know they do in places like Broome and Darwin where it is quite hot and humid. Sydney doesn't rate very high but whenever I've been there people always seem to be happy and friendly.