How many devices does your smartphone replace?

Diane

Had a bit of a cupboard clear out yesterday and ended up binning so much stuff with the comment "phone does that"... Here's a list - anyone got any more ?

map book

diary

address book

calculator

compass

radio

camera

i also use my phone as a book (e-reader) and alarm clock.

It did prompt me to back my phone up though

Guest Claire-n-tel

Map book

diary

address book

calculator

compass

radio

camera

I have to confess, i still use an old T mobile brick i bought in woolworths in about 2007 for $20 and i think that included $10 credit!......i've dropped it countless times, managed to step on it a few times, spilt drinks on it and generally abused it and its still coming back for more!

So no it doesn't do any of those things, oh except it has a camera (of sorts) if you are in exactly the right light less than a metre from something you can take a picture and if you close one eye, squint, look from the right angle you can sort of make out what the photo was of!

I do have an ipad which i use for all that stuff tho!:cute:

No smart phone here. Don't really use any of the things on your list either, so not missing out by not having a smart phone. Although I have to admit my OH has one and I do get him to take photos on it sometimes (and then post them on Facebook). Do have an I-pad, but only use it for email and web surfing, and then only cos it's easier than switching on the laptop and I can sit in a comfy chair with it.

I'm another who doesn't have a smart phone and I still have and use all of the different things in your list with the exception of a diary; we have a wall calendar instead.

I think having used a road atlas instead of sat-nav once we arrived here really helped me to work out where places were, and as for a compass I think the last time I really used one (rather than just playing with the children) was walking on Dartmoor with the scouts about 20 years ago!

I don't have a lap-top or tablet so have to sit at the computer everytime; occasionally I think it would be easier to have something portable but then when I'm sat here I'm aware of how much time I'm spending at the pc whereas if I could access it all of the time nothing would ever get done!

I would be devastated if I lost my iPhone.

I use it instead of a camera, sat nav (I have one but haven't used it at all since having an iPhone).

I no longer have an alarm clock. Calendar, phone book. I don't even use my computer any more.

I plug it into my car to listen to podcasts rather than use the car stereo.

I use it at a recipe book, I have it with me when cooking (obviously not always).

I don't have a landline, I just use my mobile.

I use news apps instead of buying papers.

Amything I would do on a laptop I do on my phone.

I have the odd ebook, but I do prefer an actual book I can read in the bath.

I also decided to start a journal this year. There are apps and websites but I decided I wanted something tactile.

Does not replace my paper diary, nor will it ever. I loathe the calendar diary on it and never use it. Address book also. It gets automatically synced with the iMac but I tend not to use it.

Maps yes, camera yes. Compass, sometimes. Alarm and stopwatch as and when. Price comparisons when out are handy. Radio only at home as it eats my bandwidth when out.