Thinking of visiting the southern suburbs

V-Bird

Hello all, I've noticed that a lot of the members appear to live in and around the area from Hallet Cove down to Port Noalunga.

I would like to visit the area as it sounds nice, but I'd like to ask a few questions first.

1. Do you need an overcoat as I hear it gets quite cold and windy?

2. Is there a lot of crime? Will I be able to park my car with a greater than 50% chance it will be there upon my return?

3. Are there any shops that are not owned by expats selling British goods?

4. Are the Australian minorities friendly?

5. Are there any sandy beaches, or is it just Pebbles?

I'm thinking of visiting around July to see the Blue Whales. Thanks.

When are you coming?

1. if the summer a coat is not necessary but in the winter yes quite possibly a cardigan Ive never worn a coat.

2. crime is no different to the UK really, but we have had more things happen to us here, a car taken from our house for a joy ride (but that was in the north east not south), and also a window smashed when a car was left over night but that was in Melbourne. Port Noarlunga is very safe for us and a lovely area. You are gonna get crime wherever you go.

3. Im not aware of any shops selling british products personally but some of the local supermarkets sell some british items

4. Australians are very friendly some of them are my best friends.

5. most beaches are sandy lol the pebbles are a bit of a british thing I feel think the aussies would laugh if they had pebbles here

Hello all, I've noticed that a lot of the members appear to live in and around the area from Hallet Cove down to Port Noalunga.

I would like to visit the area as it sounds nice, but I'd like to ask a few questions first.

2. Is there a lot of crime? Will I be able to park my car with a greater than 50% chance it will be there upon my return?

....I'd like to ask a few questions first.

1.a. Yes. Don't bother with an umbrella as it'll get blown inside out before too long

2.a. No, and Yes.

3.a. Define "British goods". Most supermarkets sell Heinz baked beans and Tetley tea bags for example. There's even Irn Bru for the Jocks.

4.a. Define an Australian minority. You'll find Aussies are in the majority over here.

5.a. Depends on the beach. Some have both but it's mainly sand.

1 - Yes and a vest too. Skis and emergency supplies as well, just in case.

2 - Add a bulletproof vest to apparel mentioned in 1. We don't have cars down here, just horses and camels.

3 - Only Brit expats are allowed to own things from Hallett Cove down to Aldinga, we have driven all the locals out.

4 - We keep them in cages and exhibit them, just don't put your fingers through the bars as they may bite.

5 - No sand, just dog poo and pebbles everywhere.

Don't bother, it's rubbish down here.. honest.

Edited by guspjmh

The whales we get off the coast are Southern Right Whales - they come in to the Victor Harbor area (and along the south coast) to breed during the winter so July will be good. I didn't want you to come down and miss the Southern Right Whales because you were looking for Blue Whales.