I don't vote Labor, but....

Diane

Guest Guest75

I put an X for the X, he really was/ is a good choice. He is a character, passionate about his work and actually gets things done!

< Nick Xenophon>

Guest Guest12727
I put an X for the X, he really was/ is a good choice. He is a character, passionate about his work and actually gets things done!

< Nick Xenophon>

I hope you didn't put an 'X' as this would have been an informal vote. :eek:

Guest BurgessFamily

JW had a song and dance about the federal government letting Holden go, when they were on the slide long before the libs got in.

Don't like Abbott, but can see why he didn't invite him. :D

State-wise I hope labor win power, I think it should be them to have to deal with such poor finances they have created.

< Nick Xenophon>

I hope you realise he wasn't actually standing in this election - it was just 'his party', not him.

I've got to say the whole media control of the current Federal Government is pretty scary in a supposedly open and democratic country. You only have to look at how little coverage the nationwide protests against Abbott that took place over the weekend got, compared to protests against Labor when Abbott was in opposition. Barely a word in any of the Murdoch press, and even the ABC were scared to cover the Marches. Yes, Emmie, he makes my skin crawl too. Far too much of a puppet for me!

I have to be honest I think we have less choice than a diabetic in a sweet shop....

Abbot / Marshall who really aren't the greatest politicians ever but I think are the best of a bad bunch, but you can't vote labour, as much as I prefer wetherall, because we can't keep spending tomorrow's money today. I'd vote for the greens if they stuck to environmental politics, but to promote Australia as a republic, whilst I would easily go with the flow, is not a very green policy as it would create a wealth of waste, and family first...... well we may as well vote for the disability party or shooting and fishing if we're going to vote for a secular group.

I've got to say the whole media control of the current Federal Government is pretty scary in a supposedly open and democratic country. You only have to look at how little coverage the nationwide protests against Abbott that took place over the weekend got, compared to protests against Labor when Abbott was in opposition. Barely a word in any of the Murdoch press, and even the ABC were scared to cover the Marches. Yes, Emmie, he makes my skin crawl too. Far too much of a puppet for me!

Can't comment anymore on the person, but I do hate left wing loonies and hippies protesting against anything the liberals / conservatives push for, when they should respect he got voted in. I didn't go rioting when Blair got voted in the old country as much as I wanted, as I realised my view was now the minority.

I have to be honest I think we have less choice than a diabetic in a sweet shop....

Abbot / Marshall who really aren't the greatest politicians ever but I think are the best of a bad bunch, but you can't vote labour, as much as I prefer wetherall, because we can't keep spending tomorrow's money today. I'd vote for the greens if they stuck to environmental politics, but to promote Australia as a republic, whilst I would easily go with the flow, is not a very green policy as it would create a wealth of waste, and family first...... well we may as well vote for the disability party or shooting and fishing if we're going to vote for a secular group.

I don't agree at all that Abbott is the 'best of a bad bunch' - in fact, he's the worst of a bad bunch! I reckon him coming to Adelaide was what caused Marshall's previously (so we are told) convincing majority to slip away at the last minute!

Can't comment anymore on the person, but I do hate left wing loonies and hippies protesting against anything the liberals / conservatives push for, when they should respect he got voted in. I didn't go rioting when Blair got voted in the old country as much as I wanted, as I realised my view was now the minority.

Haha I always thought of myself as a conservative (lower case) - until Tony Abbott got in! When you do some reading of independent media sources, you realise how cleverly manipulated the whole election was by the Murdoch press and the like. Even today, you get normally intelligent people instantly calling Julia Gillard 'backstabbing' (even it's not a word they would normally have used) purely because that was the word infiltrated into the public consciousness by the press at the time. Very very clever and an interesting study of how media can influence views and language by what they choose to cover and how.l

I don't think Tony Abbot is coping very well with the job. He seems ill-advised and doesn't know what to say a lot of the time. He'll probably end up having a breakdown!

It was very inappropriate of him not to invite Jay Weatherill to the drone event, he shouldn't involve politics with things like that to such a blatant degree. It was an announcement of something relevant to the whole state so it was totally wrong and impolite to exclude the serving Premier. Statesmen (or women) sometimes need to rise above politics - like Churchill did in WW2.

With regards to the slow counting of counts in the election, I'm hoping the vote in the seat of Colton isn't too close. I have been approved for citizenship but have been waiting for a citizenship ceremony for 3 months - which has effectively denied me the chance to vote - and every vote counts in Colton!!!

Guest Guest12727

Jay Weatherill said on the radio yesterday morning that his Government had been doing quite a bit of work with the Commonwealth on getting the drone project here. Abbott forgot to mention that bit.

One of my friends (of irish descent) just posted this on FB -
- do you think when his speech-writers wrote it for him it sounded better than it ended up??

Wow, I can't believe he wasn't wearing a blue tie! It must be indicative of some weird personality trait that he always wears the same colour tie.

Abbott is not a statesman and therefore loses much credibility for anything he says and does…. think ….. if a product is made overseas by an Australian company it's still Australian made…… However behind the scenes there are a big bunch of secretaries controlling the puppets… think Tudor courts, think Yes Minister….