Hello from Kuala Lumpur Airport

Jessica Berry

We are in the process of flying back to the UK for a 'holiday' to visit family and friends.

We have made it from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines :notworthy: The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow is currently delayed by 3 hours. To pass the time I have taken to counting solar panels!!! I can report on the airport building in front of me it has 1740 solar panels!

We are in the process of flying back to the UK for a 'holiday' to visit family and friends.

We have made it from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines :notworthy: The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow is currently delayed by 3 hours. To pass the time I have taken to counting solar panels!!! I can report on the airport building in front of me it has 1740 solar panels!

Jeez you must be bored :biglaugh:

Well enjoy your trip back to the big UK when you eventually get there, its been a while so will feel strange. Im sure youll both enjoy catching up with family and old friends though :cool:

Well we made it to the UK, had a 4 hour delay from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow. First the plane we were catching from KL was delayed coming from Paris, then there was a problem with the fuel tank and finally there was a suitcase on board but no passenger to go with it! A couple I met recently over on a reccie happened to be on our flight so that was nice to see them at Adelaide/KL Airport and have a chat.

It was great to see my family meeting us at Heathrow Airport. It has been 4.5 years since we were last back and it is funny how familiar it all seems. When we got up this morning the cars were frosted over, the last time we saw that was 4.5 years ago when we were last here, pleased to say now the sun is shining. We switched on the TV and guess what was on, Wanted Down Under, so we sat watching it with a cup of tea and toast. My family and friends are all really pleased we are over and we have loads of people to see while we are here, I think we will need a holiday when we get back!

Hi Jessica

Welcome back to the UK!!!!

I bet you will be so busy during your stay and enjoy the time with your family and friends.

Sue

Thanks Sue. We are booked in to see 47 friends and family while we are here, so by the end of the holiday I might have lost my voice! Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday. I have brought the MYOB book for you, so you can start doing your homework! :wink:

• 1 month later...

We have been back from our UK trip a couple of weeks now. We ended up seeing 64 people in 4.5 weeks, so we have definitely come back for a rest! We had a great time over there and were sad to say goodbye. I always find that every time I visit it unsettles me for a bit when I come back and then I get back into the swing of things and normal service soon resumes!

We were sat in a restaurant in St Pancras train station in London and I overheard a lady on the next table mention Adelaide, turns out they live in Adelaide about 15 minutes from us. No doubt at some point we will bump into her in Adelaide.

As I mentioned it has been 4.5 years since we were last over there for a visit and nothing much had changed, apart from all the solar panels (we reckon we saw more over there than here!) and wind turbines everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

We used to have the same problem when we lived in England and came to Adelaide for a holiday. We would spend the whole time visiting friends and family, which although nice, was so tiring and quite stressful trying to fit everyone in. Far too many bbqs and driving around Adelaide visiting people. We would get back to England totally exhausted. After 3 such holidays we decided that next time we would take a week out of the holiday and do something for ourselves, so we flew up to the Gold Coast, did our own thing, chilled out and the kids loved it. Didn't go down too well with some of my husband's family but we didn't care!