New arrivals ordering a Beer, beware.!

V-Bird

Here in SA we drink beer in in pints (which isn't actually a pint, it's 3/4 of a pint) and schooners (which is half a pint, that is, half an imperial pint, not half an SA pint). Interstate a pint is an imperial pint. Although an SA pint everywhere else in Oz is a schooner. A schooner (that's SA schooner) everywhere else is a midi, except for Vic and Qld where it's a pot and NT where it's a handle. Oh, and ACT where it a half.

If you want to order your kids a soft drink you can ask for a butcher (small glass) unless you're interstate where you need to ask for a seven, except for Vic and WA where it's a glass.

Hope this clears it up.

Here in SA we drink beer in in pints (which isn't actually a pint, it's 3/4 of a pint) and schooners (which is half a pint, that is, half an imperial pint, not half an SA pint). Interstate a pint is an imperial pint. Although an SA pint everywhere else in Oz is a schooner. A schooner (that's SA schooner) everywhere else is a midi, except for Vic and Qld where it's a pot and NT where it's a handle. Oh, and ACT where it a half.

If you want to order your kids a soft drink you can ask for a butcher (small glass) unless you're interstate where you need to ask for a seven, except for Vic and WA where it's a glass.

Hope this clears it up.

Apart from Adelaide with its Coopers Ales, most beer on tap (on draught to new poms) is rubbish anyway (Tooheys, XXXX etc). So you should only drink bottled beer in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin. Therefore the simple rule is: When in Adelaide, order a pint of Cooper's. When elsewhere, order a bottle of Cooper's.

Hope this clears it up even more. (except Cooper's isn't clear, but that's another story)

you can also get "real" pints of Coopers Pale Ale in the Strathmore on North Terrace - only 7 bucks between 5-7pm and all the time at PJ O'Brians on East Terrace. Also, with regards to Coopers not being clear, there is Coopers Clear but give me the cloudy anytime!

Apart from Adelaide with its Coopers Ales, most beer on tap (on draught to new poms) is rubbish anyway (Tooheys, XXXX etc). So you should only drink bottled beer in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin. Therefore the simple rule is: When in Adelaide, order a pint of Cooper's. When elsewhere, order a bottle of Cooper's.

Hope this clears it up even more. (except Cooper's isn't clear, but that's another story)

What's rubbish to you may be down to personal taste.

Draught Pure Blonde is my drink of choice. I think all Cooper's is Sh*t, I am convinced many South Aussies only say they like it because it's local. But if it really was very good it would be sold far more outside of it's own state!

What's rubbish to you may be down to personal taste.

Draught Pure Blonde is my drink of choice. I think all Cooper's is Sh*t, I am convinced many South Aussies only say they like it because it's local. But if it really was very good it would be sold far more outside of it's own state!

Well, I did have my tongue in my cheek, as did the original post, but obviously you missed that part.