Soup

Guest Guest12727

Guest Guest12727

All this talk today of cold weather has spurred me into making soup.

Just made big batches of roast red capsicum and tomato soup and my winter staple, butternut pumpkin soup.

Bought bags of capsicums and tomatoes from our greengrocer for a few dollars each and pumpkins are very cheap at the moment too.

This weeks lunches sorted.

Anyone got a good recipe for the ham bone I froze after xmas?

Lol. We had roast lamb tonight and I've managed to convince my other half that I'm making a lamb and onion casserole. :-)

After all, you can't deny a pregnant woman can you? Although 'I'm craving' has come out of his mouth a worrying number of times in the last couple of weeks. Maybe he is the pregnant one. :-D

Guest Guest12727
Ooooohhhhh, celery and Stilton soup is lovely too!

My other half doesn't eat soup or stews (I know, odd) so I hardly get to have them any more. :-(

Why are so many men fussy eaters? I blame their Mothers. Amazingly, my OH now eats loads of things he 'didn't like' when we first met.

Guest Guest75

Curry,Curry,Curry + Chilli. Nice and warming and the only food I'll eat warmed up!

Had a nice tin of Chorizo and pasta chunky soup I dug out of the larder today - that was warming!

Why are so many men fussy eaters? I blame their Mothers. Amazingly, my OH now eats loads of things he 'didn't like' when we first met.

I know! All I can get him to eat in the way of veggies is potato, onion, tomato, sometimes a bit of swede and that's about it. He's even taken over most of the cooking as he doesn't like me trying to sneak veggies in.

I've told him once the baby comes he's going to have to at least pretend to eat his veggies. :-D

Talking of slow cookers, did this the other night - was really yummy: put some sprigs of rosemary in bottom of slow cooker, add cup of chicken stock, put boneless lamb joint on top (I used shoulder), rub with seedy mustard and honey (I didn't rub, just poured a bit on top of joint), Cook for about 8 hours on low. Meat fell apart and juices made good gravy! Simple as and quick enough to throw in before work so dinner ready when you get home!