Holidays in SA where?

tina&steve

Guest Claire-n-tel

Wow too many places, it would depend on what sort of break you want?......in my list would be

Flinders

Robe

?mount gambia

along the murray somewhere

berri

Beachport

Coffin bay np

Baird bay

Gawler ranges

Coober pedy

clare valley

Mclaren vale

i could go on and on! :wink:

Guest Guest12727

Hanson Bay cabins on Kangaroo Island http://www.hansonbay.com.au/beachfront-cabins/

Great location for seeing KI, stunning beach, nice log cabins with pot belly stove. See a lot of wildlife

Wilpena Pound resort cabins. Great spot for exploring Flinders rangers. Cabins are a bit more than a cabin and you get to use the resort facilities, including pool. Or you can stay in a permanent tent in the campground.

http://www.wilpenapound.com.au/

I'm looking to buy a holiday place to rent out and use it ourselves and as there are so many beautiful places here I need some help from you guys :). Thinking of 2 - 2 and a half drive from CBD. Just trying to get the jest of where would be a good place to buy.

Tina xx

Guest Guest12727

That is a different question. Do you want to but a cabin (implies in a Caravan Park) or a holiday house?

I agree with Diane, Moonta Bay and Wallaroo are very popular. So are places in/near Stansbury.

Otherwise can't go wrong around Yankallila / Second Valley and around Middleton / Goolwa.

Personally I think there is a lack of good accommodation on the River, so it could be a good market.

Have you looked at places to buy in South Australia on Domain. I sometimes do that for fun, put a top limit of $100000 on the search and see what pops up.

Guest Guest75

Coastal or city center are going to be the high rent areas but it will cost more to buy initially as well.

Just a note of caution. ..... Holiday homes are a lot more work and time demanding than at first glance.

Do your research, ensure that you can (or an agent) be available virtually any day of the week and time of day.

Most guests are great and do the right thing.

We have met some lovely people along the way, some are now friends.

But................ a friend who has a great place on the river is fed up of the time she has to put in due to how her place is left / damage and lots more staying than officially booked.

We came across this today.......... had to ask "guests" to leave- they booked as 4 guests and I found evidence of at least 8 /10. Had to ask for Police attendance!!!:policeman::shocked:

They turned very abusive verbally and to be honest I was in fear for my safety.

With the state the house was already in (1 night) ,I could see that after their 4 night stay the house would have been in a real state.

The bond would not have covered it.

Spoilt my faith in human nature today, I've often gone out of my way to help folk out.:wideeyed:

Sorry for the spoiler but you need all sides of it.:err:

Setting up a long term rental close to you would be a much safer option.

Nope don't worry about spoilers Tyke, my glasses are not rose coloured lol. Any advice welcomed. Was thinking of looking at places on the up that are cheap now. Moonta and wallaroo seem to have that. The river has really gone up in price from when we looked there a few years back. Thought maybe looking at land and putting one of those nice cabins on and maybe another (council allowing of course).

Just doing research on where people would go so I can narrow down my search. X

Guest Guest75
Nope don't worry about spoilers Tyke, my glasses are not rose coloured lol. Any advice welcomed. Was thinking of looking at places on the up that are cheap now. Moonta and wallaroo seem to have that. The river has really gone up in price from when we looked there a few years back. Thought maybe looking at land and putting one of those nice cabins on and maybe another (council allowing of course).

Just doing research on where people would go so I can narrow down my search. X

No worries.

Just sharing what can happen with some feral varmints here.

Great you are doing lots of research.

I and others in the local "game" see so many jump onboard thinking it is easy money - then in a short time pack up or go long term.

One clueless dill jumped into one of the FaceBook groups I admin today.......................... Lamb to the slaughter ...methinks.

Having many Been there T-Shirts.

We came across this today.......... had to ask "guests" to leave- they booked as 4 guests and I found evidence of at least 8 /10. Had to ask for Police attendance!!!:policeman::shocked:

They turned very abusive verbally and to be honest I was in fear for my safety.

With the state the house was already in (1 night) ,I could see that after their 4 night stay the house would have been in a real state.

The bond would not have covered it.

Spoilt my faith in human nature today, I've often gone out of my way to help folk out.:wideeyed:

That sounds awful Tyke. Hope it has all settled down.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Tina & Steve!

My friends are selling their 4 bedroom house in Goolwa at the moment, they have been using it for holiday rentals for several years and it has good returns. They intend to sell it "as is" ie all furniture etc included. It has river views and is a lovely historic sandstone. Let me know if you want to know more :biggrin:

Hi Tina & Steve!

My friends are selling their 4 bedroom house in Goolwa at the moment, they have been using it for holiday rentals for several years and it has good returns. They intend to sell it "as is" ie all furniture etc included. It has river views and is a lovely historic sandstone. Let me know if you want to know more :biggrin:

Thanks would like more info if you have it although I think it might be out of our price range but worth a look xx thanks Tina.

Guest lilgal89

We haven't arrived in Adelaide yet but we have booked to go to kangaroo island in September. We're getting the ferry, to be honest the ferry and the accommodation hasn't worked out expensive at all! I was really surprised! Bonus! :-)

Guest Claire-n-tel
Thanks would like more info if you have it although I think it might be out of our price range but worth a look xx thanks Tina.

Hi Tina i have sent you link via PM