Sometimes we forget how blesses we are here.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I guess that after a while living here in South Australia we become complacent and take this fine place for granted.

Some days "I just live here " and other days it might just be a small instant that make me think "Boy I am lucky to live here"

I was out chasing Salmon ( not literally ya fool - with a fishing rod) on Moana Beach and got into conversation with two separate people visiting from the UK. They both gushed about it here and how the UK has gone downhill.

Just made me think how lucky I am.:cute:

I know it can be really tough to get settled here but when you do - take the odd moment to appreciate the opportunity to live here:biggrin:

Just a random thought for today....

Absolutely, best place in the world to live, don't listen to the doom slayers and whingers...................

Really frustrates me reading the endless comments on this site regarding cost of living, government, jobs, wages etc. Some people just need a reality check and dare I say it take personal responsibility for Everything in their lives, no one here is living in a third world country not knowing where the next meal is coming from!

Guest leeannekays

That's a great thought for the day. Every morning I drive past Moana Beach and I usually stop for a few minutes to look out at the Ocean, it makes me feel so happy and grateful to be here. Leeanne x

Absolutely, best place in the world to live, don't listen to the doom slayers and whingers...................

Really frustrates me reading the endless comments on this site regarding cost of living, government, jobs, wages etc. Some people just need a reality check and dare I say it take personal responsibility for Everything in their lives, no one here is living in a third world country not knowing where the next meal is coming from!

But everyone here is entitled to an opinion and to not love everything. But let's not turn a positive thread into a negative one hey?

I know we have only been here since February but I feel very lucky to live here. Especially when I drive over the hill down ocean boulevard and can see the sea across the city to hills. It is the most beautiful view and I have to pinch myself that I live in such a beautiful place.

Guest Guest75
It's probably true, those that complain about the UK will end up complaining about Australia too. :P

Hopefully most will get through the tough period and actually realise what they have.

The more UK TV I watch ( Posh Pawn at the moment) the more I cringe about how possession based some folk are now. Latest handbag / car/ designer whatever.

Hopefully most will get through the tough period and actually realise what they have.

The more UK TV I watch ( Posh Pawn at the moment) the more I cringe about how possession based some folk are now. Latest handbag / car/ designer whatever.

Yup. Those parents who buy their kids every gadget under the sun yet neglect to spend time with them.

Experiences and quality time is far, far more valuable than material riches.

Yes Adelaide has a lot of good points but the UK isn't a 3rd world country either. It's not as if most of us are refugees fleeing a war-zone or religious persecution or abject poverty. We've just swapped one 1st world country for another. There are lots of people doing it tough in both countries.

Yes Adelaide has a lot of good points but the UK isn't a 3rd world country either. It's not as if most of us are refugees fleeing a war-zone or religious persecution or abject poverty. We've just swapped one 1st world country for another. There are lots of people doing it tough in both countries.

The housing estate I left in Newton Abbot was only a few steps away from being a virtual war zone!