Tour De France In Leeds

adelaidenow

Guest Guest75

Folk have gone mental in Yorkshire about this - such a great way to showcase Yorkshire.

I'll be watching out for my Brother and family in the pretty village of Addingham.

It's the only place that the tour runs through twice.

My family have a table reserved outside the Fleece Pub - don't fancy the hangover!!!

Especially like Le Sprinte finish, S'like Doncaster races :cute:, brings back some fond memories from home. Had some good times at Donnie Races. We will be looking out for my brother-in-law and his girlfriend with their bright green & white spotted Skoda "Santos Tour Down Under" hats on, that we sent them from when we went to watch it in Adelaide in January.

I'm looking forward to Stage 3 personally, through the country lanes I grew up with! I lived in Doddinghurst on the map below (my parents still do), and OH lived in Stondon Massey, so there will be a lot of very familiar places on that section

TDF Essex.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the Essex stage too - it's going through many places local to me - Saffron Walden, Finchingfield, Felsted, Writtle, Moreton (great pub the Moreton Massey) - please watch anyone who doesn't know Essex and has preconceptions as to what it is like - you will see some beautiful countryside and villages and realise that not all of Essex is like the stereotypes portrayed on the media. I have been watching it this evening through Yorkshire and the countryside looks truly glorious - blessed with lovely weather.

I'm really looking forward to the Essex stage too - it's going through many places local to me - Saffron Walden, Finchingfield, Felsted, Writtle, Moreton (great pub the Moreton Massey) - please watch anyone who doesn't know Essex and has preconceptions as to what it is like - you will see some beautiful countryside and villages and realise that not all of Essex is like the stereotypes portrayed on the media. I have been watching it this evening through Yorkshire and the countryside looks truly glorious - blessed with lovely weather.

One of my friends just posted that the Essex Police are charging up their speed camera batteries, looking forward to a bonanza as they charge all those lycra-clad cyclists for doing more than the 30 limit through the villages!

Did you ever go to the Duck at Newney Green? We nearly bought the house next door (when I was a kid) :smile:

No - can't say I have been to that particular pub! I do miss the country pubs. There are so many lovely hidden villages in Essex. I used to drive through Writtle most days many years ago when I lived in Dunmow and worked in Basildon - an awkward drive with no real direct route so I used to vary it a bit and go different ways, sometimes round Chelmsford and down the A12. Often went through the village of Stock - that was a lovely spot, and Ford End which I think the Tour is going through. A couple a years ago they thought the Tour de France was going a different route through Hatfield Heath and right past my Dad's house, but obviously the course got changed. Pity!

Guest Guest14361

Waiting/watching for cyclists whether it be tour down under or Tour de France in Leeds or Essex is like sex, foreplay for 3 hours (waiting in a good spot), then it's all over 30 seconds later (gone by)

Guest Guest75
Waiting/watching for cyclists whether it be tour down under or Tour de France in Leeds or Essex is like sex, foreplay for 3 hours (waiting in a good spot), then it's all over 30 seconds later (gone by)

Speak for your own sex life!!!!:swoon:

Playdough........................hours of fun in the right hands..............:wink::wink::biglaugh:

Just try saying "Ohh Santa" at a certain moment.........