Sun don't always shine

Guest Guest14361

Guest Guest14361

To those overseas that think it's always sunny , warm and tropical......it isn't.....winter is here and it's cold , not as cold as overseas, but still cold to Adelaide, by which daytime yesterday was down to 10oc, so much rain last night my gutters overflowed big time...

Guest Guest75

Certainly is Winter, it does feel even colder this year though.

It does suprise me that people still do not realise we have the seasons here.

15c here can actually feel cold!!

Saying this ,on the whole winter days are great, less rain and certainly more sunshine than the UK, you can still get a tan!

I honestly don't think it's been too bad so far this winter. It's a lot drier than the last couple I think, the second dam at Tangari is still completely empty although the first one is full. We haven't needed the heating on all that much so far either and I've only put the radiators on in the kids rooms a couple of times. Even so, I HATE winter and can't wait for the spring....

Guest Claire-n-tel

We've tried to explain so many times when people laugh at us being cold at 17c......that's 20 less than the 37c in the summer, soooo if uk summer was 25c when you drop 20 down to 5c you feel bloody cold!.....agh!

Guest Guest12727

Blossom, you have extra heating on you this year........But, I agree that is mild this year compared to the last couple. It was still pretty decent in May and for a lot of June. Last year May was cold. Considering we are in the middle month of July we should expect wintery weather.

Reservoirs are at 60%, which apparently is high for this time a year, so I guess that shows a lot of rain.

However, we are in for a dry spring due to El Nino, so we should be grateful of any rain that we get now.

During the week I was talking to a UK couple in their second winter here. They think it is much colder this year, shows what being aclimatised does.

Even midwinter months here are just like an autumn month in England - the weather yesterday reminded me of October (NH) weather, not January or February. I think we get summer, spring and autumn here, maybe one or two days of winter at the most! And I'm well and truly acclimatised...

Guest Guest12727

I have just opened up all the curtains and blinds to let the sun stream in and have put washing on the line in the sun. Definitely not like a UK winter.

Guest Guest75

We were in the city earlier for a wander. Beautiful walking down North Terrace in the sunshine.

It made me realise we are in Adelaide when a random stranger ( lovely older lady) came up and asked if we needed help - we were just stood admiring the surrounding but so nice of her!