Ear piercing

flossybeth

My 12 year old has decided that she would like her ears pierced (I've always told her she had to wait until she was old enough to look after them herself since there was no way I could be fiddling with her ears :swoon:) but I don't' know where to take her!

Do tattoo parlours do piercings because I've seen plenty of those around? If not could anyone recommend a place to go please (obviously clean etc, etc)

Thanks.

My daughter has had many piercings, and she recommends 'Modify Body Piercing', James Place (just off Rundle Mall).

She had a fair few done at Hairhouse Warehouse, both Marion and Collonnades, but it can depend on who you get.

The one thing she did advise was to avoid piercing guns because they don't heal as well and can be less hygienic. Certainly you can feel less scar tissue on the ones done using the needle as opposed to the gun.

I have to bow to her experience although I think ear lobe piercings are probably one of the most straight forward, so I reckon as long as the place is clean, with a dedicated piercer, who asks the right questions - ie gets parental permission as the legal minimum age in SA is, I believe, 16 - she'll be fine.

:) LC

So, flossybeth, is your daughter now proudly showing off her first piercing?

Loved the idea of making it special with a trip to the city :)

:wubclub: LC

Unfortunately no, we got as far as the Essential Beauty on Rundle Mall and she decided that actually she wasn't all that keen - maybe next time...