This is soooo Adelaide.

Guest Guest75

So sick of tailgaters here,does anyone ever get caught doing this.The idiots who weave in and out causing chaos in every lane,think a lotof it is to do with a lack of proper driving instruction here. A lot of drivers here are terrible and should not be allowed in a field let alone on a road.

Sue

Yesterday, 4 large SUV's passed me, all..... seem to think they're invincible. If they don't die early, they'll surely kill someone else.

I so agree! People in big utes, wagons etc do seem to think they can take risks - and I think they're right! I reckon they know they are more likely to cause damage rather than sustain it which can give a feeling of power.

Unless that's just my (non-blond, non-female, definitely not young) husband!

As for tailgaters....drive faster, Sue, then they won't need to tailgate you! :biggrin:

LC

LC,i am doing the speed limit already and aint getting speeding fines to appease tailgaters.

Sorry, sduffy, I hoped the smilie-thing would indicate I was being facetious :frown:.

I would never suggest anyone should break the law simply to satisfy tailgaters - or anyone else for that matter.

I have seen police warnings re tailgating on those huge mobile light-board-things, and there is certainly a hefty fine for people caught tailgating.

If you see a driver doing what you believe is the wrong thing, you can report them to the police. They can then send a letter out warning the recipient that they've been seen allegedly speeding / tailgating / whatever. They won't fine or give demerit points because of the report, but I suppose it might make the reporter feel better?

And if you're wondering how I know? I received one such letter. For a day when the car was not only off the road the whole weekend, but the only key was in Middleton!

:wubclub: LC

Get a front/rear dash cam and get footage of the idiots. I've very recently had to report someone to the police for road rage and he continues to imtimidate me almost every day on the way home from work. I was told that until there are at least three reports against a driver then it is unlikely ANY action will be taken apart from a letter, however as I had camera footage of this guy threatening me it was taken very seriously and he had a little visit from the boys in blue. I could also have chosen to have him prosecuted if I so wished.

LC,i am doing the speed limit already and aint getting speeding fines to appease tailgaters.

No, don't speed. Just slam on your breaks and when they complain (after smashing their front end) say, "Did you see that dog?" They hit you, they're responsible for your repairs.

Another trick is a pull up sign that says "Back off or the shotgun in my boot goes off"

Or, if you want to PC, just turn on your side lights, They'll think they're stop lights and should brake.

I drive on cruise control so as to stick to the limit. Yesterday, 4 large SUV's passed me, all drive by youngish blonde women. The seem to think they're invincible. If they don't die early, they'll surely kill someone else.

I find this post a bit odd. An old man looking at young blondes when he should be looking at the road.... ;-)

So many dobbers in this day and age.

Tailgating is in fact saving space so should be encouraged.

Actually, I think you might be on to something, xzibit.

If everyone tailgated correctly - none of this hippy leaving ANY space stuff - Adelaide might be able to get back the '20-minute city' rep.

Nice thinking :notworthy:

Yours, tongue-in-cheekily,

Dibber Dobber Cindy

Guest Guest75
Actually, I think you might be on to something, xzibit.

If everyone tailgated correctly - none of this hippy leaving ANY space stuff - Adelaide might be able to get back the '20-minute city' rep.

Nice thinking :notworthy:

Yours, tongue-in-cheekily,

Dibber Dobber Cindy

I've heard about your fast and crap driving!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Guest Guest75
And your point is???

:wink: LC

It's you that is receiving the points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Ya fell for that one oh Blonde one.:cute::cute:

Talking of which, we watched a film tonight with Michael Caine and some French bird - set in Paris - the French bird didn't half look like you......

Hey guys, less of the 'old man' thank you. I'm only 21 at heart and my heart is the only good thing about me. Had it refurbished with a quadruple bypass a few years back and it's in fine fettle. As for the looking at blondes, I believe in the old saying of "look but don't touch", and for what it's worth, red heads are my colour of choice.

Guest Guest12727

Just wondering how you all know these 'bad' drivers are Adelaideans? Do you stop the cars and ask the drivers if they were born and learnt to drive here? Do they have a sign in the car window, Dinky Di Adelaidiean here?

Perhaps they are migrants, dare I say it.....even migrant POMS :tongue: