Forum Name Change

adelaidenow

People are entitled to express both positive and negative views on here.

Of course, some views aired might not match or agree with your own. There is nothing wrong with them being negative though.

I think there are plenty of happy campers out there. Perhaps they don't log in to post as much as those who are not quite so happy with life in Aus? I think when someone is finding things hard going or is unhappy its often a good outlet to post and share somewhere online. Positive stuff often isn't seen as something to pop in and post about as much I think. Its easier to pull at the negatives.

Honestly, I have grumbles about living here. I had grumbles about living in England too. And Germany, Ireland and The Netherlands. I tend not to air them on here as tbh I have no real issues making me unhappy enough its impacting my life nor do I wish to share my woes with a bunch of people on here. I have positives about life here also, same as life elsewhere. Again, don't really post about it often.

Guest BurgessFamily
Ii should become whingingPomsinAdelaide.com

It appears too many just come on here to complain about Adelaide and Australia etc.

If you don't like it, go back to what you call home - simple!

You're right, anyone who isn't wearing rose-tinted glasses should leave now.

I look after many pages, and have run a forum - but we moved it to FB, where it has many more active posters than this one ;-)

And we don't all agree on things all the time.

But yeah I do delete stuff I don't want to see or is not relevant.

We don't, hence your thread is still here. ;-)

Guest Guest75
My OH told his Yorkshire parents "if you didn't bitch about everything you wouldn't have anything to say to each other"

That was him out of the will!!

Maybe we should get the Commonwealth gold for whingeing? :biglaugh:

What's this "we"?????????? ................... you whinge for yourself!!

Not hear much of that from me!!!!

That's right Tyke....really....she is a cheeky one.....really ....Yorkeshire people whinge??...what next:nah:

I would never dare call my in laws whingers! That's the OH's job.

"We" means all Brits not just Yorkshire people!

It's a fact that we (us Brits!) have a reputation for whingeing. Aussies call us whingeing poms for a reason!

Seriously... it's like an infection. I have seen people who always seemed to be content until they associated with a whinger and caught the whingeing bug from someone who's conversation consisted of nothing except complaint. It's not an easy thing to do when you move across the world and there are so many things that are different...but really, if all you can do is whinge about everything maybe you should get the Commonwealth gold in the synchronised whingeing event as you just drag everyone else down.

Everyone has challenges and it's normal to vent every now and again but negativity is destructive for yourself and those around you.

Sorry, not meant to go serious...

Guest Guest75
I would never dare call my in laws whingers! That's the OH's job.

"We" means all Brits not just Yorkshire people!

It's a fact that we (us Brits!) have a reputation for whingeing. Aussies call us whingeing poms for a reason!

Seriously... it's like an infection. I have seen people who always seemed to be content until they associated with a whinger and caught the whingeing bug from someone who's conversation consisted of nothing except complaint. It's not an easy thing to do when you move across the world and there are so many things that are different...but really, if all you can do is whinge about everything maybe you should get the Commonwealth gold in the synchronised whingeing event as you just drag everyone else down.

Everyone has challenges and it's normal to vent every now and again but negativity is destructive for yourself and those around you.

Sorry, not meant to go serious...

And you know I am always "funning"

I wasn't aware I used a capital letter so it obviously wasn't a place name.

Grammar lessons come for free.

Well if you want to be strictly correct you should have stated "grammar lessons are free", although of course this would just refer to your own lesson rather than grammar lessons as a whole as it would be reasonable to assume some people would charge a fee or levy for their delivery.