General moan

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest cornish Busdriver

:arghh:Me, the missus and dogs are getting realy frustrated at the moment.

Had our permenent resident visa's since january and still waiting for the house to sell.

Spent a shed load of cash on it, new kitchen, bathroom, double glazing,cental heating and compleately redecorated in nuetral tones right though.

Got he gardens looking realy nice, we are in a very nice and well sort after area, close to main bus routes, schools, shops, 15 minutes from a realy nice beach also dropped the price by 5K and still no sale.

Were wondering what the hell we have to do to sell the bloody house.

Got jobs waiting for us in Adelaide and we just want to go.

Were now getting very frustrated and fed up and its starting to drive me insane.:biglaugh:

I cant be the only one like this, Any one wanna buy a house in Cornwall

Guest paul_smart

Well i've got about another 6 months of renovating to be done to my place, i'm trying to get rid of the house before my TRA is even back!! it's not a good spot to be stuck in esp if there is a job waiting for you, hopefully they'll hold the position!

Also are you getting any views or none at all?? it may be that if you are getting viewers who are shy to put an offer in then maybe you are trying the hard sell too much when they are looking, thus by trying to sell the house so badly they feel there is something wrong with it which is why you want rid of it so much?? just a thought.

Guest Guest75

Keep holding on in there Cornish.

You vent as much as you want.

This seems to be a problem for a lot of people at the moment.

We can sympathise with you,we were in the same boat all those years ago.

We ended up drastically reducing the house - it got us here though.

Have you tried an open house day???

Good luck:D:D

Guest The Pottertons

I really feel for you, must be sooo frustrating! Its the part im dreading the most actually. Hope it picks up for you soon mate, Yvonne x

Guest Martin and Val

We know how you feel.

We've spent loads getting all those little jobs done, you know the ones that you put off till tomorrow, all the decorating etc etc etc.

We have been on the market 5 weeks tomorrow, had four viewings and another this Thursday. The third couple to look want the house. Yipeeeee, But they haven't sold theirs!

It seems the general market at the moment is dead. We must keep our chins as you only need that one person through the door that says yes and things will start to move.

We live in a beautiful little village with a very unique house.

The nearest town to us is having lots of new builds going up, 1 bed bed flats with special offers for 1st time buyers, this will not help the situation at all as they aren't breaking any chains.

Never mind as I say keep your chin up and fingers crossed.

Good luck

Martin and Val

PS: Anybody want to buy a house in a small village in the Oxfordshire countryside?

Dear Cornish Busdriver

You words are sending me into imminent panic....busy painting as well but not willing to put house on the market until the visa is in hand as we are caught up in the 5 point capital investment issue. Had the house valued in October before our reccie and I have a horrible feeling it's dropped! Anyone want to buy two houses in Cornwall????

Liz

Guest Nicky&Andy

:)our house finally went on the market yesterday, our neighbours went on last week, havnt seen anyone viewing:err: hopefully there waiting for ours:biglaugh: we have to activate by jan, would be nice just to go one way, and not have to come back just to sell

good luck everyone selling, interest rate is coming down a tiny bit again so hang in there

nicky

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI , cornish busdriver. I put my house on the market 5 weeks ago? had meds done last wednesday so not much of a gamble by the sounds of it?. (as no visa yet). Estate agents ( sorry for the swearing ) estate agent Reckons that we aren't getting many hits on rightmove ? so do i drop the price even though i thought i put it on for a sensible price ? . The young lads in my factory say that getting a morgage is hard work unless you got £20 k to put down ?. Being a old fart i told them to stop wasting there money on cars / god i turned into my dad?. ATB paul

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya Liz.

Where bouts u 2 in Cornwall, were in Saltash.

Wish we put the house on the market months earlier before we got our visa'a but had to many niggiling little jobs to do.

The market is slowed right down but house prices here arnt dropping as bad as the rest of the uk.

Heres hoping that someone will buy soon.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Thanks for the kind and hopeful words everyone.

Its just the house stopping us from going now, everything thing else is all done and in place for the move.

Heres hoping we all get our sales real soon.

Mattt

Guest Hatters04

Hope everything goes well for and you don't have much longer t wait before you sell.

It'll all be well worth the wait once you get here.

Fingers crossed

Dear Matt,

Sorry for the delay - we're in Liskeard - you see not far at all. We could be making a terrible mistake by not putting house on the market now - but I really love my house and if something goes horribly wrong with the visa/capital investment - I don't want to be anywhere else if I have to be here. We are quite uniquely placed and have a unique house so estate agents don't feel there will be a problem but EVERYONE is having a problem so we're not naive to think we won't. Good luck with yours. At least with recent headlines stating they don't think the market will slump - maybe those cautious buyers will pop out of the woodwork!

Liz

Guest happy feet

Hi Cornish Busdriver

I feel for you, i put mine up 7 weeks ago and not even had one viewer, not sure why, because we have also finished all the jobs, put new drive way, lovely gates...... Estate agent says we not in the first time buyers price and no-one buying second houses or moving up the ladder. So we are just waiting and praying things will improve. No visa yet so abit more time on our side.

Good luck

Cara

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya Liz.

Probally seen u around good old Liskeard. Im work for western greyhound at the mo.

Lets hope our houses sell soon. :)

matt

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Cara.

Like you we were priced out of the first time buyers market so we have dropped the price and our estsate agent is trying a new way of getting people through the door and get them to make an offer more realistic to them.

Try anything once.

Matt

HI - I know exactly where you're coming from - we're in same boat - just wanna be there and just waiting on a house sale... ours has been up 5 weeks and 6 viewers... but no offers...:arghh: - panicking cos we have to be in dec 12th and don't want to spend a couple of grand going there only to come back again to sell the house.... I'm sick of it all .... feeling dead guilty too cos our poor kids are constantly told not to get stuff out cos someone's coming round to view... they can't even play at the mo and just be kids.... plus i hate housework:SLEEP:... feel like i'm going brain dead tidying / cleaning all the time in case someone wants to view!!! OOPPS - i was meant to be offering a word of sympathy to you instead of ranting about our own situ!! sorry... Here's hoping it'll sort out for all of us in the same boat soon!! Jacinta

Guest cornish Busdriver

I think we are all in the same boat.

Market is realy crap at the moment but hopfully the money the goverment and banks are putting in will ease and help buyers so we can all sell up and live happly ever after (well thats the plan).

We were planning on going next month, me and the missus both have jobs waiting for us but luckly our new bosses are being very paitent and understand the problems here.

Good luck with your house sale.

Matt