Wine research (haha)

Guest ems

Hi everyone

I've finally moved a thread that got a bit side tracked. We are no longer talking about wine on the nurse to patient ratio thread that i had previously started.

I'm glad you've finally finished your nights Jo, back to normality for you and your Research:wacko:.

Anyone who wants to join in that would be great. A Few of us have decided to do our own little research project on Australian wine. This came about as Cara had said about a Barbie with wine and beer when we get to OZ, the problem i had was i don't drink wine, only vodka.

I have tried the Wolf Blass (white) and i am sat here at the mo drinking something called first flight (another white). Kim has recommended the Rawnsley Estate so will try that to. Any more suggestions?

Hows the research going for you guys? hope you've got through a few bottles.

Emma.xx:D:wacko::jiggy:

Guest jill wright

Hi Emma

I prefer red at the mo (but wouldn't turn down white if was all that was on offer). My favourites are the shiraz's Hardys stamp and Lindemanns also mcguigans. However my rule of thumb is anything reduced from about 7.99 to 3.99 is usually good.

Happy wine tasting girls any more recommendations welcome

Jill

Hi everyone

I've finally moved a thread that got a bit side tracked. We are no longer talking about wine on the nurse to patient ratio thread that i had previously started.

I'm glad you've finally finished your nights Jo, back to normality for you and your Research:wacko:.

Anyone who wants to join in that would be great. A Few of us have decided to do our own little research project on Australian wine. This came about as Cara had said about a Barbie with wine and beer when we get to OZ, the problem i had was i don't drink wine, only vodka.

I have tried the Wolf Blass (white) and i am sat here at the mo drinking something called first flight (another white). Kim has recommended the Rawnsley Estate so will try that to. Any more suggestions?

hi emma i would defo be a good canidate for your research the hubby can second me on that ha ha

yes i will try and help out all i can, it will be most probaly be at the weekend now because i have got 3 sick kids vomiting all over the place at the moment not very nice!!!

suexxx

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI , Have noticed that when hot weather is here i drink more white or rose, but i do like a drop of red ok maybe a couple .?So the question was? oh yeah ,tried wolf blass prefer yellow lable hated eaglehawk . but normally buy half price spend about £5 on reds . HAPPY DRINKING?.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
HI , Have noticed that when hot weather is here i drink more white or rose, but i do like a drop of red ok maybe a couple .?So the question was? oh yeah ,tried wolf blass prefer yellow lable hated eaglehawk . but normally buy half price spend about £5 on reds . HAPPY DRINKING?.

Try a cold sparkling Shiraz can't beat it in the summer,winter,autumn,spring,slummmer,wontar............................hic

Guzzler

Guest Sharon and Paul
Try a cold sparkling Shiraz can't beat it in the summer,winter,autumn,spring,slummmer,wontar............................hic

Guzzler

HOT in factory today ! , that or hay fever kicking in any way had a nice bitter shandy dind't have any lemonade?, so used the kids spright , so more wine for tomorrow night ??.;):goofy:

Guest DianeJ

Hi Emma,

Rawnsley Estate is lovely, I buy it from Tesco when it's reduced. I buy the red, not much of a white wine drinker! Jacob's Creek sparkling good too

Guest Roo1

When I arrived here in Adelaide, I was introduced to "Cleanskin" wines. They are basically still the same wine but without the a proper label.

They'll say what grape the wine has come from though, so you know you are buying a Shiraz, Merlot etc.

You can pick them up for as little as $6 from BWS or Cellar Doors in McLaren Vale.

Make sure you give them a try when you get to Aus. You'll love em' :D

Judi x

When I arrived here in Adelaide, I was introduced to "Cleanskin" wines. They are basically still the same wine but without the a proper label.

They'll say what grape the wine has come from though, so you know you are buying a Shiraz, Merlot etc.

You can pick them up for as little as $6 from BWS or Cellar Doors in McLaren Vale.

Make sure you give them a try when you get to Aus. You'll love em' :D

Judi x

I bought a few of the cleanskin wines when I was stocking up my bar, but haven't got round to opening a bottle yet............mmmmm perhaps the weekend!

I would have to second the sparkling shiraz - just from the fridge, but I've become addicted to Red Dingo from the Settlement - $10 a bottle (Thanks Judi!) - only trouble being that it tastes a little like vimto - only slightly sparkling and very alcoholic!!! It goes down a little too well - but great after a stressful shift!!!!! Not as stressful as the NHS though :)

Guest Roo1
I would have to second the sparkling shiraz - just from the fridge, but I've become addicted to Red Dingo from the Settlement - $10 a bottle (Thanks Judi!) - only trouble being that it tastes a little like vimto - only slightly sparkling and very alcoholic!!! It goes down a little too well - but great after a stressful shift!!!!! Not as stressful as the NHS though :)

My Pleasure!!!

Ian and I bought 2 cases of it last month and are slowly making our way through them.

Its not an easy job but someone has to do it!;):wacko:

Judi

"Long live the Red Dingo!!!!":jiggy:

I drank a whole bottle of Red Dingo last Saturday - I think I passed out by about 9.30pm!!:biglaugh:

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma and all,

Does it sound like a load of old (???) alcholic's! From barbie to wine.... Nice refreshing thread. Must admit i do like a chilled glass or 2 of Jacob's Creek, but have been told it is not very pop in Oz so will have to test out some new ones, some one's got to do it!!!!

Take care

Enjoy Cara xxx

Wow, i didn't realize just how many people enjoyed a glass of wine (or 10). Promise i'm not an alcoholic, not yet anyway. I do imagine though by the time i've tried all of these recommendations i may be well on the way :biglaugh:

I've got a good few months before i get to Oz so i think i might have to take it slowly, i'm not used to the wine yet and i must admit i am finding after a good few glasses i'm feeling slightly tipsy :wacko:

I think i should be well and truly converted by the time i get there (although i do find a nice cold glass of vodka and coke very refreshing on a hot summers day).

Cheers everyone and keep the recommendations coming.

Emma.xx

Guest Django
Must admit i do like a chilled glass or 2 of Jacob's Creek, but have been told it is not very pop in Oz

All the more for you then 2.gif:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest happy feet

Yea Pete never thought about it like that!!!! He He He

Great news on your visa, missed the thread, really pleased for you and family,you have been great on here, and make sure you continue after you in Oz.

Cara xx

Guest Django
make sure you continue after you in Oz.

No fear there. I shall still be on here when we get Oz side. I think this place is fabby.:D

Pete

Hi Emma and All our new researchers, as you know Emma finished my nights Monday morning and thought I would do a little research after tea. Sun was shinning and Hubby opened a bottle of the Wolf Blass, Eaglehawk Rose, went down very well :D( you should try this Emma, its quite fruity and you might find it ok to drink) then I thought lets try a bottle of white so the Hardy's Voyage, Chenin Blanc came next I found this quite refreshing. :) At this point had to stop any further research due to feeling quite Giddy, :biglaugh:I think I may have had too much sun.

Good luck everyone with your research and keep us all informed, I will see what other delights I can find at the weekend.

Jo x

At this point had to stop any further research due to feeling quite Giddy, :biglaugh:I think I may have had too much sun.

Jo x

I know exactly what you mean Jo, the sun can do that to me to sometimes:biglaugh:.

I will add the others to my list to thanks and hopefully get round to trying them soon.

Enjoy your weekend research, i will have to stop saturday and sunday as have two long days at work :sad:.

Can't complain after a week of though.

Emma.xx

Guest Guest75

I'm quickly working my way through a rather large batch of what we call "Chateau Ken" :biglaugh:

A friend of ours teaches wine making and makes a great wine each year.

He uses only organic grapes and does not use preservatives so it does not last as long as commercially produced wine.

Now and again he sells off at $7 a bottle when it need drinking up.

I doing my best to help honesht (hic):goofy: