Shortening Jeans??

Guest Claire-n-tel

Guest Claire-n-tel

Morning All!

Tel bought some new jeans yesterday, as always they are too long.......they were 100 bucks so I am NOT game to do it my self!

The only place we've ever tried was a couple years ago Tel bought 4 pairs in the sales, we took them into a sewing shop in Glenelg with an existing pair that were exactly right. When we picked the up they were al 1.5cm shorter than that pair, the lady tried to change them but had mostly cut the hem off......she then told us that we were making a fuss and 1cm wouldn't make a difference!......all 4 pairs went to the op shop!

So I need a recommendation of someone who has been used!.......

We always use the place in Marion just down the escalator from the cinema. It's only small but they have an area where you try them on and they pin them up. I think with jeans they often say to wash them first as they do sometimes shrink a little. We have had loads done there - my husband has VERY short legs!! - and we've never had an issues. They charge $15 for a standard trouser hem - not sure about jeans.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Clare I do ours but not very well ,next time you want jeans or trousers look on next direct uk ,they do short legs and not too expensive,and it's free delivery x

Thats what we usually do Christine but he had a voucher from his birthday!......

Guest Claire-n-tel
A long boil wash................. ???

Now here is some advice I should probably listen to being that the advice giver has personal knowledge being that he is severely vertically challenged himself :tongue:

Guest Claire-n-tel
We have something called "Pinking shears" -apparently they leave a nice pattern too - could be a trend setter??

I used to love to use my mums pinking shears to make stuff when I was little.......I used to be in the dog house whenever she caught me!......

i reminded her of it a few years ago and she told me they were hugely expensive to get sharpened......ooooops!

Nah! Nowt against kebabs - if the name Ramsden had been mentioned I would have automatically mentioned British fish and chips ( Harry Ramsdens was legendary in the UK at one time):tongue::tongue::tongue:

Talking of food............. <well we are now> ........ a old guest of ours left me some of his chilli sauce at the tackle shop the other day...... YUM!!!

It's going to be available commercially eventually- lovely savory flavor, heat is under a Ghost Chilli but is hot.

"Mrs G's Hot chilli sauce" it's called :biggrin: