Easy things to do around Adelaide.

Blossom

This week is my last week at work and then I'm on maternity leave. I'll be 38 weeks so not too mobile, but I'm a bit concerned I'm going to be bored.

The nursery is set up, and my midwife thinks I'll probably go over.

I'm trying to think of things to do to keep me occupied. I have a couple of cinema vouchers, and a book I've been waiting for has just been released.

Maybe the central markets one day if I can find a parking space not in the multi stories (my car won't fit).

Maybe some baking.

A wonder down jetty road in glenelg.

Can anyone think if anything else to occupy someone who is absolutely unaccustomed to having time to herself, who can only waddle?

We were in Hahndorf yesterday and it was lovely. Some gorgeous newer shops and some still there from my last visit. Pretty to drive to and easy parking down side streets if car parks full. Lots of places to stop and stuff.

My thing was walking as we lived rural so I stomped across the fields a lot. So not sure what to suggest. What about the museum and art gallery for an afternoon? Both free and enjoyable.

I recall scrubbing kitchen floors my last couple of weeks :/ The cleaning the house thing was a compulsion out of the blue. It's never hit me since :P

A good walk up Mount Lofty'll make sure you don't go over :biglaugh:

If I were you I would really just use the time to be quiet and rest as much as you can - I know you can't bank it but at least you won't be worn out (coming from a woman who was 40+4 and wandering around a maize maze with my first, 40+10 and went on a 20 mile bus ride followed by a 4 mile walk with my 2nd)

Read that book; you just never know when you'll get time to read anything other than Each Peach Pear Plum or Bear Hunt again. And if you feel like batch cooking maybe get some meals in the freezer. Oh and maybe catch the tram into the markets if your car's too big - absolutely no stress and a great time to test out the chivalry of Adelaide.

Good luck with your last few weeks and enjoy them.

Nesting? What? I can't imagine for a second I'll want to clean anything, except the fridge and oven lol. Maybe spray some weeds, does that count as nesting? Lol.

My body doesn't seem to have done all the hormone led things so I'm guessing it will skip that one too. :-)

Guest Claire-n-tel
Nesting? What? I can't imagine for a second I'll want to clean anything, except the fridge and oven lol. Maybe spray some weeds, does that count as nesting? Lol.

My body doesn't seem to have done all the hormone led things so I'm guessing it will skip that one too. :-)

Hmmmmmmmm..........we'll see! :rolleyes: