Aussie Driving

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest cornish Busdriver

Watched Desperate Learners on Living 2 last night and OMG!!!! HOW BAD!!!!!!!!!!.

Its on Thursday night, Living 2 at 9pm.

You gotta watch it if you think british drivers were bad or if you have worries about driving in OZ.

If you have worries about driving here then I would advise you NOT to watch it. Someone else recently watch some crime programme about Adelaide adding to the stress of wondering whether it will all be ok. However if you aren't going to be phased by watching people who just don't get the whole driving thing and have failed their driving test 50 million times then go head. I watched some when it was on here and it can be hilarious from my smug place as a confident driver.

If you have worries about driving here then I would advise you NOT to watch it. Someone else recently watch some crime programme about Adelaide adding to the stress of wondering whether it will all be ok. However if you aren't going to be phased by watching people who just don't get the whole driving thing and have failed their driving test 50 million times then go head. I watched some when it was on here and it can be hilarious from my smug place as a confident driver.

The driving on oz cant be worse than in NZ! I was turning right at a t-junction the other day and some old boy in a ute was tootling upthe road in front, on my left wanting to turn right past me. He obviously couldnt be bothered to drive all the way around my car so he took a short cut on the wrong side of the road and past the left side of my car! Ive seen some things over here but that took the biscuit! Whatever speed you drive at over here someone will always overtake you - usually on a bend whilst using their mobile phone or eating their lunch! Its shocking especially as you can drive at 15 here and theres no restriction on the type or power of car - and insurance is totally optional! Must be the gap in the ozone layer!!

Guest paul_smart

oh I don't know I still think the spanish have it, I was watching a programme on spanish drivers and why they drive like loonatics, the people they interviewed all said well if it's your time it's your time, and it wouldn't be so interesting if i didn't, the joy of religion I guess and sod the poor bugger that you tear into and their families, I've driven loads out there and the way they drive scared me more than the Ozzies, the ozzies just seem to drive in a daze unaware of other road users, the Spanish drive like they want to die, especially if it's on a mountain road with a 200ft drop and a blind corner, it's like honey to a bee for them!

Guest Martin and Val

We have been over to Oz twice now and from our personal experiences we feel the drivers are much more courteous then the maniacs we have here in England.

Last year we drove a large Camper van from Adelaide to Sydney sticking to the coast roads as much as possible although we did drive it without any problems throughout Adelaide CBD, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney.

This year we collected our hire car from Adelaide and drove all over the place for three weeks again without problems.

We have never had any problems parking and very often thought we were the ones speeding!

My Aussie cousin has just come over to us from Adelaide for a holiday and has commented on how courteous the drivers are here!!!

It must be one of those things that we only see what we want to see.

Martin and Val