Singapore Hotels

Seasider

Well we have booked for a holiday back to UK and are having two nights in Singapore. What hotels do you recommend? The agents have offered a package but its $800 for the three of us (two adults and one 12yr old) which seems a bit expensive but is accommodation/transfers and a few offers. All help greatfully received :biggrin:

I think you are referring to the Singapore Stopover, which we used once when we went with Singapore Airlines. The hotels in Singapore are expensive, and the Singapore stopover hotels do vary in price, according to which category you choose. Check the Singapore Airlines site for which hotels you can choose from. The part of the city you stay in also governs the price.

We found our package good value and the deal did include transfers and a hop-on/hop-off bus which we used while we were there, and I seem to remember it included breakfast and some other discounts. We had a free trip round the harbour and lunch one day!.

Have a look at the hotels which are available on booking.com or similar site and see how much you can save by booking direct without transfers. The Singapore Tourism site should give you some idea of the attractions, and you can chose your hotel convenient to them. The city is very easy to get around on the Mass Transit, but I like to be where I can see the city.

hello

as above they have quoted you the Singapore airlines stopover package with return airport transfers, discounts on some attractions and the hotel - category e sounds quite a high one though I usually put clients at the peninsula excelsior which is category b and then is adequate and is a central 3 star with a pool but it depends how central u want to be and what standard of hotel as I find this does the job for a good price but it will not wow you

the swisshotel Stamford and swisshotel merchant court are nice for 3 people but again 4* so if u asked the agent for a nice 4.5* or 5* hotel then this may be why they have gone for one with a higher price

the stopover package is really great but becomes less of a deal the nicer the hotel you want

you will be paying a supplement for a triple as well as normally it is based on twin so bear this in mind

have fun :-)

Last time we went to Singapore we didn't bother with the Singapore Stopover deal with Singapore Airlines as they only had expensive category hotels available. I searched the net and ended up booking directly with the hotel over the internet, we got a good deal, they even upgraded us to a better category room on arrival for no extra cost - it really was no problem. The hotel we stayed at was the River View http://www.riverview.com.sg/, it was reasonably priced and nothing OTT but very comfortable, we have stayed in Singapore several times before and fancied being by the river which is a lovely area with bars and restaurants at night. The hotel had a nice pool and the restaurant was really good, staff very friendly. We just went to the Ground Transport desk at the airport when we arrived http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around/to-and-from-airport/ground-transport-desk, there are cheap shuttle buses $9 (singapore dollars per person) which will take you to your hotel, we waited about 3 minutes before getting alloacted a bus, very efficient. On the way back to the airport we took a taxi from the hotel which was very reasonable as well.