Turkey for Xmas

sueoc

We've got a wild boar ham from Wild Oz in Central Market, and will probably get a piece of beef or turkey as well - having it hot with all the trimmings on Christmas Eve (mostly cooked by my vegetarian daughter for us - I shall miss her when she moves out in the New Year :dull:) and then cold with salads, pickles and cheesy mash on Christmas Day when the in-laws come over... After our traditional Christmas morning bbq breakfast with bucks fizz of course!

Can't contemplate heating the house even more with the oven so whatever we cook will ne on the Barrie.

Does Barrie mind? :wink:

We're going for the turkey breast sandwiches on the beach at dinner time and then pork was requested for the roast for tea-time depending on what time we get back from the beach (although looking at today's weather it might might be a very english car-park picnic).

I've probably left it a bit late for this year but the offer I've made for the past two Christmases still stands - if anyone is going to be on their own or will be missing the noisy children aspect of Christmas you're welcome to join us for any part of our day. We're in McLaren Vale and you'd be very welcome.:xmas12::xmas12:

• Like 1

Can't contemplate heating the house even more with the oven so whatever we cook will ne on the Barrie.

It's to be 22C on Xmas day at the moment. I think I'll be quite glad of a bit of warming the house from the oven.

We're having a BBQ. Always planned to for this year. Doing a couple of racks of lamb and some steak. I was going to do some salads and bread with it but as the forecast is for cooler weather we have opted for roast potatoes and roast veggies done in the oven instead.

Come round to ours @Jessica Berry! Bring your turkey - I've not got mine yet :wink: (Actually I decided I'd go shopping for turkey on Christmas Eve morning in the hope the shops have reduced them properly by then - I'm just going to get a Turkey Breast if I can coz I hate all those bones and skin and gumfy bits - if they've all run out we still have our ham)

Roast on Christmas Eve; BBQ Brunch about 11 on Christmas Day; Cold meats, cheesy mash, salads and pickles sometime in the afternoon - you're welcome to join us for any of these you fancy!

• Like 1