An oldie but a goodie. I am only here a month but it's funny how many I can relate to!!
You know it's hot in Australia when:
1) The best parking spot is determined by shade, not distance
2) Hot water comes out of both taps
3) You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron
4) The temperature drops below 32 degrees C and you feel chilly
5) You know that in January and February it only takes two fingers to steer a car
6) You discover you can get sunburnt through your windscreen
7) You develop a fear of metal door handles
8) You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7am
9) Your biggest bicycle accident fear is "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the road, getting cooked?"
10) You realise that asphalt has a liquid state
11) Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard boiled eggs
12) The trees are whistling for dogs
13) While walking back barefoot to your car from any event, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park
14) You catch a cold from having the aircon on full blast all night long
15) You realise that Westfield Shopping Centres aren't just Shopping Centres - they are temples where we worship Air Conditioning
16) Sticking your head in the freezer and taking deep breaths is considered normal
17) A cup full of ice is considered a great snack
18) A black out is-life threatening because your aircon and your fans no longer work.
19) No one cares if you walk around with no shoes on
20) You keep everything in the fridge, including potatoes, bread and clothing
21) People have enough left over beer cans to make a boat and compete in a regatta.
22) The effort of towelling yourself off after a shower means you need another shower right away.
23) You will wait patiently until the day it starts raining to go on a run.
24) You worry your ceiling fan is spinning so fast it will fly off and kill you
25) You laugh because this list is so accurate