Nabo- New Neighbourhood Social Network

Lazy Cow

I found Nabo through an advert. As the title suggests Nabo is an online way to meet your neighbours. You can choose whether your registered name is shown to just your immediate neighbours, or a wider area. It has different sections just like any forum, and seems worth a go.

I then checked it out via Google, and found this article:

http://www.sevenwestmedia.com.au/docs/default-source/business-unit-news/new-neighbourhood-social-network-nabo.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Nabo is only weeks old, so doesn't have heaps of people signed up yet, but I reckon it could become an excellent way to 'meet' neighbours, or encourage more of a community spirit.

I read Snifter's Christmas BBQ post with envy! I would love to live in a street that shares like that, and in the early days living here (in this house, I mean) I might've initiated something; now I don't reckon I have the energy .

Perhaps Nabo will encourage more of that community sharing.

if you want to find out more, or sign up, Nabo is at:

Sorry, flossybeth, I didn't mean to break the rules :frown:

So, if anyone's interested, you can find it yourself lol! (It's pretty obvious as it's an Aussie site)

:cool: LC

Edited by Lazy Cow
Sorry but social network links aren't allowed; removed as per forum rules.

Errmmm call me old fashioned but we chat over the fence with ours! Or chat with them when they are out gardening, or putting the bins out..... :err: Perhaps it's because we live by the park though, and walk out more than most people might....

OMG, Diane! You are so 2014! :wubclub: Us young'uns like to live a virtual life; why talk if you can use social media instead? And attach a cute meme of Grumpy Cat at the same time!

Yes, we talk to our neighbours, but not as much as we did when the kids were all young. Now we always seem to be passing in cars or it's just a quick cooee. I know I could do something about it, it's just too much effort lol.

Nabo is apparently based on an American neighbourhood thing. For me, I think it sounds a good idea. I'm more likely to sit chatting online with people from surrounding streets, than I am to stand chatting. I have so little time in the mornings, that if people I know want to chew the fat, I have to excuse myself. Truth be told, I'd love to stand there; I simply can't. An online community is an anytime community.

:wubclub: LC

Guest Guest75

Ewww!! A real stalkathon could be had if not the right sort of neighbors!!

I can see where you are going with this but you are too trusting..............well I am considered a friend for a start :shocked:

We know some of our neighbors, one lot are lovely ( fishing buddies).

The rest say hello, but value their privacy.

Our street party did go a bit of a way to opening up friendships and to be honest just to recognise who belongs around here :wink::wink: