TV Programs

bob_kennedy

Overall TV is not that bad. The free to air stuff is ok. Lots of free sport that I would have to pay a premium to watch in Ireland/UK.

I did get the basic Foxtel package because I wanted to fast forward the crazy amount of ads I was warned about. This has not been the case and the ads are no more annoying than back in the UK.

Anyway my question is, Does "My Kitchen Rules" actually contain any cooking?. The ads seem to just show sobbing back stories.

:)

No, I don't think it shows much actual cooking, more menu ideas, food preparation and presentation.

But it is addictive and I am looking forward to it starting next week.

It is a reality TV show and so the contestants and their personalities are very important to it. It is not there to show you how to cook. Good entertainment, though!!

You don't need Foxtel to fast forward adverts, we bought a digital box from JB HIFI for around $50. Now we record stuff and start watching 30 mins after the start.

Now if only there was a button on the car radio to get rid of those annoying Puratap adverts!

omg, I never listen to the radio since finishing work. Yesturday I decided to put it on in my car (usually podcasts) and I was close to wanting to smash puratap by the end of the trip!

I did find after having foxtel iq I would often go to rewind the radio if I didn't catch something properly on the news lol.

Guest Guest75

TV does my head in here!! The ads are high frequency and badly placed!!

When we first arrived Foxtel had no ads so we signed up.

Over the years there has been an appalling increase in the ads on Foxtel to the extent that it seems no better than free to air tv now.

I stopped Foxtel a couple of years ago due to this.

Now happily watching the latest UK TV - virtually anything shown on free to air via a reputable forum / site - takes a bit of input as you have to really play the game and seed back.

Hate the frequent adverts and generally poor programmes on TV but at least you can fast forward through breaks on Foxtel. We watch a lot of sport and UK drama so it suits us fine.

Used to love MKR, especially the early rounds hosted in the contestants homes but its getting more and more like a reality show later in the series. Still quite watchable IMO but, as a trained cook and ex cookery demonstrator, I love anything to do with food!

Looked at the free to air via a reputable forum / site but was a bit too technical for me .... don't understand all that 'seeding' stuff.