Loud parties

Blossom

It's 1:30am. A new mum, you might think I'd be up because my baby has woken me. No. She's a dream. Some arse, no even THAT close to us has music blaring. Earlier we could hear it over the tv. Now it's quieter, but it's still there (with all the windows shut).

Seriously, maybe I'm old before my time but I'd never, even when I was younger have had music blaring like that.

Anyway, for the first time ever I've actually phoned the police. They were lovely, especially as I couldn't even tell them exactly where is was coming from.

Why ohhhh why do people not consider other people? I'd hate to be closer and have work in the morning.

I've never done loud music at all. Can't cope with it. I can't stand hearing over people's music at night, even if it's really faint. We've been really lucky here and not had much in the way of loud music at all. The only time I can remember hearing any is when the local private school had some event on and they stopped at 11pm. In the UK the people next door but one used to have parties all the time except they wouldn't have loud music they would just sit outside talking till all hours and seemed to get louder the later it got. I always felt like sending the kids out at 6am to make lots of noise to see how they liked it. Never did though.

I've never done loud music at all. Can't cope with it. I can't stand hearing over people's music at night, even if it's really faint. We've been really lucky here and not had much in the way of loud music at all. The only time I can remember hearing any is when the local private school had some event on and they stopped at 11pm. In the UK the people next door but one used to have parties all the time except they wouldn't have loud music they would just sit outside talking till all hours and seemed to get louder the later it got. I always felt like sending the kids out at 6am to make lots of noise to see how they liked it. Never did though.

Yep, we had those neighbours too!

The music stopped half an hour after my call to the police. Who knows if that was when they were stopping anyway, or if the police stopped them, but at least it stopped.

Guest Guest75

It all depends what the music is!! Some decent Nine Inch Nails being hammered out <sic> would not be bad!!:wacko:

Seriously 1.30 is too late................12/ 1 ish perhaps.

Went through that nightmare in Ireland. House next door, semi detached, no sound insulation in the walls. 5 young single lads, working shifts loved there techno/garage/house with plenty of base. long story short, 4 and a half month later (parties every weekend) we got rid of them. It's a psychological nightmare, especially when the kids were only 3 and 1 at the time. I won't go through that again.

We've experienced it a couple of times on hot nights when they've been outside but generally all quiet after 11.00pm. Twice we received handwritten letters from teenagers down the road to say they're having 18th birthday parties and apologizing in advance for any noise. Music was fine but rather a lot of noisy cars when parents came to collect them!!! 2 or 3 times a year is acceptable in my book.

Very sorry for you - been there and done that in the UK - we had a nightmare lot next door to us who thought nothing of firing up the spa at 4:00am whilst smashed on vodka. The most repulsive family you can imagine, we had our car door kicked in and they would often have fights in their garden or in the street. Then there was the ex-veteran across the road, not his fault, but he had issues and we often had the police around because he couldn't cope. And on it went. The day the house sold and we had our tickets to a new life was very sweet. I really hope it doesn't continue or you can get it sorted.

We had a neighbour in Birmingham who'd come home from the clubs at 3.00am and in the summer she'd go out to the garden and carry on drinking and playing music with her equally peed up mates. The absolute rock bottom was when she came home one night with some bloke she'd picked up in a club and they enjoyed, ahem, relations VERY LOUDLY for several hours (!) in the bedroom which was next to ours! These were terraced houses with very thin walls and we could hear everything - jeez I wish I could "unhear" it all! I ended up hammering on her front door at 4.00am and yelling at her to shut the **** up - not my proudest moment...

If you do have problem neighbours with loud music you can find out who owns the property at:

https://www.propertyassist.sa.gov.au/pa/pubquery.phtml

I have also had experience of a noisy neighbour(bass!). I have called around to address the problem but I also addressed it with the other neighbours. I supplied them with the owners details and requested that they contact the owner to keep their tenant quiet.

If it's the owners...good luck!

The police are helpful at night but cannot help during the day.

If it's a licensed premises surely they have to adhere to certain noise pollution rules I would have thought?

I'm hoping so. I phoned them at midnight and asked them to turn it down. They didn't. Until 2am. I'll find out what an be done Monday. It looks like you have to complain to the liquor licensing people. :-/

Very sorry for you - been there and done that in the UK - we had a nightmare lot next door to us who thought nothing of firing up the spa at 4:00am....

Well to be fair spa's, at least ours anyway, automatically come on every few hours for a minute or two. First the blower, then the regular pump. Programmed into the thing so can't change it. Does it at night as well as during the day.

my neighbours are generally quiet, but they have a few loud parties each year & boy does that make up for it!!

Last Party was Australia day.. started at 10am & it wasn't just the music, it was the constant shouting & howls & foul language from the 'men' playing cricket!!

After asking them to keep the noise down, I eventually called the police ( along with several other people). As the noise continued, I called them back only to be told that the police had gone round & said the noise wasn't excessive!!!! I told her that it WAS as I was shut inside my house all day with windows & doors shut & my friend could hear them from 2 streets away so questioned if they went round to the back of the house as that's where the noise was!! ( strangely, I stood at the front of the house & it wasn't loud there!)

My children couldn't sleep on the night before they were back to school..

They eventually stopped at 11.50pm so I had to endure almost 14 hours of noise!!

VERY selfish!!

Just wait til they have children & my kids are teenagers!!! Revenge is a dish better served cold!!!