Do Aussie secretly hate English people?

Guest Stoked

I have been here ten years now,and always feel that i have been discriminated against in the work place. If there is an Aussie after the same job they get it. We are so culturally different, i find Australians to be a bit like dysfunctional children. They make no sense whatsoever! seem to care about nothing and nobody, apart from getting pissed and taking drugs. They are Morally corrupt and i have no Integrity!

I never mentioned that i hated them! you are jumping to conclusions, im seriously considering joining the Army here, then we will find out! I love Australia, i just find that the people i have met are a bit ****ed in the head, men and women and thats putting it mildly

Guest dingding66

I have been in my job a while now 18 months and I work in a mixed office 70 of men and women and all of them are ace they have made me feel so welcome I have fitted in so well with them all....they took the micky at first but that soon got boring I love working with them .... no bitchyness we all get on and work and enjoy our day andd they sure know how to enjoy life as soon as 5pm comes around we all leave the office and relax wine beer etc no drama's no stress ...I much prefer it than the UK ..I love my life here I would not swap it to go back to the STRESS of working long hours for all the tea and china

The Aussies are great and I would not swap it for the world...if you not experiencing good ones then change your jobs:biggrin:

Way to generalise and tar a nation with the same brush. I tend not to go in for such sweeping statements. Doesn't really help anything on either side.

I can't say my experience of Australians is anything close to yours thankfully, as am married to one. He doesn't drink or do drugs, isn't morally corrupt nor is he only out for himself or not giving a **** about anyone else. He's a very intelligent man who functions perfectly well in adult society. Lucky me eh :cute:

There are people as you describe all over the world, from all places, walks of life and backgrounds. A lot can depend on the circles you mix in, you as a person, the work you do, the environment of it, its not an entire nation being morally corrupt or having no integrity. Its the people you surround yourself with, so perhaps you need to be asking yourself some questions. Sure I've met a few Aussies who were a bit off, but then I've met plenty of Brits and other nationalities in my life who I could say the same about too. I simply choose not to have much or anything to do with those people as individuals and don't give them my time or energy. Their nationality has nothing to do with it, its about them as a person is the bottom line for me.

I worked with a guy who had been here ten years, when i first got here, and he told me he has nothing to do with Aussies and i looked at him like he was an alien, until i have been here for ten years aswel

Yes. I like snifters post above. Much more intellect then me. A hugely generalisation of a whole country. Most Aussies are foreigners and I've not seen anything to say that the same doesn't exist in any other country. Been here over 3 years now so roses are no where near my glasses, just reality.

You are all just babies in the Australian woods, you probably all have families, just wait until your relationships fall apart due to the lack of support and either or is single agian. Rose coloured glasses last for five years at least.

What a load of rubbish,I have never had an issue with the Aussies, in fact the opposite to what you have said.

To generalise is pretty poor really

I have some amazing Aussie friends, and awesome work mates, I work in the gas and oil fields and come across a hell of alot of Aussies, never had anything said to me about being from the UK.

I have Aussies moan to me about poms not making an effort and then judging them to be arrogant....make the effort you will be amazed.

Maybe were different to most folk from the UK and just get on with it !!!!

Been here 7 years, no rosy glasses here.

HG

No, I've not found that at all. Infact, I emailed asking one place if they had any jobs when I first got here and they cut all their casuals hours to have me (yes I felt bad about that).

I think it depends on what background people have. The most recent job I've had has been with more 'bogan' people, and there was certainly more sexism and racism (but not towards Brits, a large majority of them have British background or were born there). Drinking, I find just the same as the UK. Same with drugs.

You are all just babies in the Australian woods, you probably all have families, just wait until your relationships fall apart due to the lack of support and either or is single agian. Rose coloured glasses last for five years at least.

Er, no.

We've been together for almost 12 years now, married for 8. I've lived elsewhere overseas and am perfectly capable of coping living in Aus. Managed fine away from family and friends, in fact, I am well used to moving to a new area or country every few years so 'lack of support' is not an issue for me, or us. Sure I've not done 5 years here but honestly, we just get on with living our lives, wherever that happens to be.

I do wish you would stop trying to provoke with these rather out there statements. Not everyone is like you. We all cope and handle things differently.

Not sure what difference it makes, but my marriage did break down since being here. Been here 7 years. Now have an Aussie partner and baby and still think you are wrong.

Could it be possibly your attitude bringing on your experiences?

Sorry for your misfortunes but you have lost the argument hook line and sinker there mate.

Guest Guest75
Sorry for your misfortunes but you have lost the argument hook line and sinker there mate.

I've been here nearly 15 years and don't mind working with Aussies at all, yess some of the working practices can be different but I've met idiots from accross the globe mate, quite a few Poms to be honest as well - especially those that do not "get" living here.

I've been here nearly 15 years and don't mind working with Aussies at all, yess some of the working practices can be different but I've met idiots from accross the globe mate, quite a few Poms to be honest as well - especially those that do not "get" living here.

I will agree with tyke ,I work mainly with aussies have no problem ,a lot of poms move here and think they are better than anyone else here .I have met a lot of bloody snobby poms since been here not stayed friends with any of them .

I will agree with tyke ,I work mainly with aussies have no problem ,a lot of poms move here and think they are better than anyone else here .I have met a lot of bloody snobby poms since been here not stayed friends with any of them .

Totally agree with you.

Like Tyke says, it can take time to get used to different work practices, some better, some worse and some just different.

Cooler

Guest dingding66

Yes SPOT ON !! allot of Pom's do think they are better than anyone else ...remember we are immigrants and we need to learn to live there way'!!!and everyone needs to also remember ADELAIDE is a very small place indeed word gets out ... and this is there home we just need to bare this fact...sorry to rattle on but folk need to learn to mingle and fit in with there way !! :realmad: