Lesson Learned

bob_kennedy

Cinemas don't make much at all on ticket sales, a chunk of their profit is from food and front of house sales as I understand it. Hence the mark up.

We always buy in the supermarket before we go in. May get an ice cream once we are in for the film if it's hot but otherwise don't spend.

The Capri cinema is near where I live and it is quite reasonably priced and also just a charming art deco look to it. I go to the movies a lot and I probably couldn't afford to go as much as I do if I paid full price. They are now almost $18.00 for a full priced ticket and for two us that adds up to a lot as on average we go once a fortnight. We sometimes buy an icecream and sometimes we bring a snack. The Wallis Cinemas seem to have good options for discounts. If you are an RAA member you can get a discount ($12.00 ticket - adult). I also bought a book of 10 tickets at Christmas to give away as Christmas gifts. I think they worked out to $11.00 per ticket. People always like them. Something practical and that can be used.

If you have anything with telstra you can get tickets for $11 for Event Cinemas - can't be used after 5pm on a Saturday or public holidays but any other time is good and as you book on line you can select where you sit. And we always take food and drink with us. It's too expensive otherwise

Edited by sally1968
Missed some info