Hair Horrors!!!

Nikianx73

If it's just a trim I go to Marion Westfield and do the walk in sit and wait place. Dry cut, they just damp it down and trim the ends off. Costs $29. If I want a proper cut I go to a place in Glenelg but it's not cheap.

No clue about round your way. Perhaps pop in to a couple of places for a chat about a cut and check out the styles being cut at the time.

:shocked:Flippin' heck!! I only used tom pay £40! what on earth do they wash it in?! for $200 I'd want the tears of fallen angels lol! Will have to do some research. I've had a look at a couple of salon websites but the buggers don't put the prices on (well not the ones I've seen any way) :confused:

Umm I got caught out in Sydney. I had just come out of hospital had lost most of my hair and went in to the hotel hairdressers to try and cheer myself up. I'd reckoned to look at the price list it was something like $180 for a colour so I thought well it's not that bad. When I got to the counter at the end to pay it was $495 :chatterbox: The problem is I wasnt strong enough to argue. What I worked out was that they had done balayage instead of foils, the director had done it (I wasn't given the choice) because I was losing my hair she discussed ways to make it look thicker prior and they charged me for that. Then an extra $100 for cut and style then they put two treatments on. The cheeky mares even asked if I wanted to buy 3 bottles of hair thickeners. http://www.starhairandbeauty.com/hairdresser-pyrmont.html

I'm sure they thought they were helping but they could've told you about the extra costs beforehand. I would imagine you were feeling quite low and vulnerable at the time too. I hope you're on the mend now :smile: x

I always insist on a full cost before i go in now and if they try and charge more I refuse to pay.

Thats the name of the chain, Just Cuts.

I checked and there is one not far from you Nikianx. They do kids cuts also and those are a bit cheaper on certain days (weekdays) than weekends. They are the same chain I use for a trim. $29, they take up to about 20 minutes on it depending on your hair. Son and hubby have both had haircuts there in the past too although I prefer Men At Work in Marion Westfield for them. Hubby does too as he remembers them from ages back and had his hair cut there then.

http://www.justcuts.com.au/salon-locator/1/Australia

I must admit because I don't have it restyled or a difficult cut or sytle on it its not a worry for me to use Just Cuts and take my chances on who trims it (its a walk in sit and wait and you dont' get to choose who cuts your hair). But if I wanted a total restyle or something I'd go to the salon I use but that is not needed often as I've long hair and its easy to maintain.

I go to Supercuts (I don't think there is one your way though) - looks like only 3 in Adelaide. They only charge $26 for wash and cut (dry is extra). Colour (regrowth or foils) is an additional $42 or so. I am quite happy with their service and like Ktee if I go somewhere new I always ask for a price up front. It's incredible what you can get charged. I've tried a few places and been with Supercuts for a few years now and happy with their service.

Paying $135 for cut touch up roots and blow dry in Norwood and that isn't the most expensive. I did try somewhere cheaper but the cut was poor. Trouble is now this one has got the hang of my hair she makes a really good job of it so I don't want to change. In UK I paid $60 for same but she came to me so no salon overheads. Still as I say to th OH I do wear it every day :wink:

still i I save by shearing the OH and son myself!

Edited by Rammygirl
pesky autocorrect again, oh and added a bit