The view from your living room window

NicF

This is the view from my living room window (well, from outside my living room window - I didn't want everyone seeing how much it needs cleaning). I love this view, it's one of the things that attracted us to the block of land. And (almost) makes up for the view of the colour bond fence from the bedroom windows.

image.jpg

This is is the view from the family room at the rear of our house. Bit more suburban looking but, thanks to the slope, not really overlooked even though the house behind is quite close to the fence.

image.jpg

So so let's see the view from your living room windows, Australia or UK. I'm sure there are a few people out there who have some fabulous views.

Edited by NicF
spelling

And the view today for our house here in Adelaide. Phone pics so not the greatest but it gives you an idea :)

The first pic is the garden to one side as seen from son's bedroom window. Its a mass of roses, shrubs and other delights at the moment but we plan to take lots out and turn this part into the veggie garden with some fruit trees. Because of the two levels its ideal to grow veg in the lower one as its all at waist height from the path so easy to manage. Fruit trees and garden beds will go in the larger area above as we already have established fruit trees there. Just a case of clearing the flowers and shurbs over the winter. Its a fair old space there, it'll be good to put it to use for home grown produce and chooks.

The others are from looking out the front door and from inside the living room.

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

Edited by snifter
typo

Hey snifter!

Its a small park, but we have O'Halloran Hill reserve behind us so we are surrounded - it is beautiful, though we have the occasional snake to contend with, but all worth it for the view! it is amazing at night as well with all the lights.

I sit on our front veranda most weekends with a cold glass of wine and a book, perfect!

Hey snifter!

Its a small park, but we have O'Halloran Hill reserve behind us so we are surrounded - it is beautiful, though we have the occasional snake to contend with, but all worth it for the view! it is amazing at night as well with all the lights.

I sit on our front veranda most weekends with a cold glass of wine and a book, perfect!

Sounds lovely (apart from the snake bit :unsure:).

Glad you found your slice of perfect here :)

Our gardens are dust bowls at the moment - both front and back. The house was a rental before we bought it and although there's an obvious planting scheme in the front it was slightly overgrown when we bought it. In our first year in the house we realised that before we clear it all we have to have something to replace it because as soon as there's any rain the weeds appear like, well, weeds! The back is entirely our fault - we had a freestanding pool on the grass last year which completely killed it and it's just not recovered and we haven't bothered again since we don't quite know exactly what the plan is for the space - we're sorting the rotten veranda first and going from there...

The first one is our UK back garden (I was a childminder and took some photos for my website which is why it's looking "just so")

garden2.jpg

This is the first year we were in and this is what killed our lawn...

pool1.jpg

And this is our pink tree (still no idea what it is) in the spring - with a view of the hills behind

garden1.jpg