NBN Fibre to the Home

Diane

Well, gotta say as one of the lucky ones who actually get the originally planned NBN Fibre to the Home package, our new NBN is working pretty well!

Fitted last Wednesday, and working by the evening - gonna be hitting that unlimited up- and downloads package bigtime now :smile:

Anyone else got theirs yet?

No. And no plans for it to go in near us. And the current infrastructure is falling apart with not enough capacity for the current houses never mind all the additional ones going up in the area :mad:. Internet is a bit of a sore point in my house.

That's interesting, as I was having a discussion with my boss at work who decided I have this top of the range stuff through the (dubious) pleasure of living in Grubby Pyne's constituency - the thinking being that he'd have made sure he was looked after! But I'd have thought you were too, so interesting to know that's not the case. Another theory was that Modbury was one of the first places to start the rollout (I think - although not sure - that Noarlunga might have been another?) so your reply seems to point at that being the reason instead.

You're welcome to come round and use mine :-)

Down here in McLaren Vale we've had it since September 2013 and I think Willunga and slightly further south had it before - I know the High School used it as a boast for a while. I can't say I noticed much difference because we came from the UK only 12 months previously so there wasn't much gap but I do know my husband was able to use it in his push for working from home - he was getting better speeds than if he was in the office.

That's interesting, as I was having a discussion with my boss at work who decided I have this top of the range stuff through the (dubious) pleasure of living in Grubby Pyne's constituency - the thinking being that he'd have made sure he was looked after! But I'd have thought you were too, so interesting to know that's not the case. Another theory was that Modbury was one of the first places to start the rollout (I think - although not sure - that Noarlunga might have been another?) so your reply seems to point at that being the reason instead.

You're welcome to come round and use mine :-)

Yup, we are in Pyne's constituency for what it's worth. We did write to him when we were having problems getting any internet and we got a response saying something about him knowing it's an issue and is trying to do push for change. I suspect he is not pushing very hard though. I wish I knew why different areas got on the list for NBN first, but as the ALP were in charge when the original LANs were put in place I doubt having a Liberal MP would have helped that much.