Bought a House!!

bob_kennedy

Fantastic news :) Congratulations.

Enjoy your new home :biggrin:

Its a great feeling isn't it. We bought about a year ago now and it really has made all the difference. I love when I start heading up the hill getting closer to home, then turning the corner and seeing all the big old gum trees lining the road and our house hiding up the bank.

I know the feeling. There is no place like home. It's a good house. Garage, large shed, 5 good size bedrooms, a bit dated decor wise(70's) but solid double brick walls throughout. The fun now is spending years making it our own :)

Thats a good size. Decor is easily changed, just time and effort (or paying someone else to do it for you :P ). I think its great to have a place you can improve and make your own.

We have also bought a house. Settlement in 18 days. So looking forward to putting down some proper roots!

Great news :) Congrats. Enjoy your new home.

I like the whole settlement thing. Thought it was a really good way to go about house buying. We had about a 4 week settlement, my BIL had a 3 month one! Suited the people he was buying from and worked well for him. I'm not sure I would have wanted to hang around so long though. I was chomping at the bit for settlement date to come round.

Thanks Snifter! Yeah we have actually had a 90 day settlement as it suited us and the vendor but I can't wait now! Must say the house buying process is much less stressful here. None of that gazumping. Once the finance was ok'd the sold sign was up and it disappeared off realestate.com

Thanks Snifter! Yeah we have actually had a 90 day settlement as it suited us and the vendor but I can't wait now! Must say the house buying process is much less stressful here. None of that gazumping. Once the finance was ok'd the sold sign was up and it disappeared off realestate.com

Oooo 90 days, long wait but worth it. Like you say, once the contract is signed and the finance in place, you know it's done and dusted and no worry about the vendors pulling the rug out or anything. Really liked the process here as we knew right from the start where we stood and were looked out for. The sold date is the date the contract is binding, settlement is the date the money changes hands.

Whereabouts did you end up buying if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to be suburb specific :) east, west, south, further south ;)