Spring (or whiteout Wednesday)

snifter

Well that was fun to drive in! I was driving down from Cherry Gardens into Coromandel Valley, a road I drive often and it was hairy going. Very twisty drive down the hill and rain and hail so heavy cars slowed to a crawl. Did anyone else get the hail?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/deannye/adelaide-was-just-got-dumped-on-with-a-whole-lot-of-hail#.gtZeEjwyL

And, minor rant coming up....

In those sorts of condiditions its impossible to fathom why drivers don't put their bloody lights on. Drivers here seem to like driving in bad weather and at night without their lights. Annoying grrrr. It does not add to the fun factor people! :realmad::arghh:

One of my pet hates - even seen police cars in the rain without their lights on! And as most cars are silver or grey, they pretty much disappear in your wing mirror when it's raining without their lights on!! What with invisible cars, and invisible road markings as soon as we get a bit of rain (give me cats eyes anytime!) it becomes like a rather exciting computer game with higher stakes...

One of my pet hates - even seen police cars in the rain without their lights on! And as most cars are silver or grey, they pretty much disappear in your wing mirror when it's raining without their lights on!! What with invisible cars, and invisible road markings as soon as we get a bit of rain (give me cats eyes anytime!) it becomes like a rather exciting computer game with higher stakes...

Yes argh at the road markings too! I'd forgotten about those yesterday as wait, I couldn't see the blooming things :mad:

Apparently that was the heaviest rainfall in 4 months. 20m or so fell in an hour :eek: