Power tickets

flossybeth

I'm looking at taking my parents to a Power game while they are here - there's a game on the 21st at the Oval. I've been keeping an eye on tickets but for weeks there hasn't been any way to buy them and now today I've been redirected to TicketMaster Resale which is a resale website (as you might expect). How come I couldn't just buy tickets - surely the Power aren't so fantastic that all their home games are filled with members and there aren't any general tickets? Or am I just looking too early and I need to wait a while before the actual tickets become available?

I'm guessing they've sold out. Same for lots of Crows games. We found we had to buy them really early on to get any chance of decent seats. We got tickets to a game in May the other day and got seats up in the stands. It was that or GA and we didn't want that for a night game with our son. So opted for under cover up higher. I just looked now and they are sold out and only on the resale site.

So long as they are not going for more than the face value I'd try to get them on the resale.

Yep, if you want tickets you have to find out when they go on sale to the general public and make sure you are online the minute they go on sale. Tickets are generally sold through Ticketek and you can usually find a link through to buy tickets from the AFL website. The Ticketek website usually has the details of when the tickets go on sale to members and the general public well in advance and last time I bought tickets you could even look at the seating plan to work out what class of tickets you wanted to try for.

ETA - what month are your parents going to be here? You mention the 21st but not which 21st.

Edited by NicF

Thanks Nic, yep it's May; I just assumed everyone had read and remembered my last post about taking them somewhere too...

I'll keep my wits about me for the sale date then as I've promised them now! I knew the showdown tickets went quick but didn't realise all of the games were so popular.

Flo.

- happened to notice that Tattersalls / Harry's Bar (Grenfell St, in the City) , do packages for games at The Adelaide Oval

For instance, the next Power V Bombers game is currently listed:

Reserved Seats in bundles of 2 to 15 seat blocks at $50 a pop (-or $65 for the seat plus a 2 hour drinks package )

Haven't got a clue if this is attractive or not, but i would think that with free public transport it would work out pretty good value, wouldn't it?

J B :swoon:

• 3 weeks later...