Mylor Fireworks 2016

flossybeth

I was thinking about this the other week and wondering when it was. We've been the past couple of years and enjoyed it.

Not able to go this year as we have a big family get together dinner on Saturday evening. Would have gone otherwise.

If its wet weather this week wellies or sturdy boots and warm socks are a must. Also remembering back a couple of years ago when it was a wet one the bouncy castle got muddy too and kids got rather filthy :cute:

Sounds like a lot of fun either way. I may take a drive out there with a couple of the grandkids..thanks!

If you do, take a decent torch to use on the way back to the car. Its pitch black up there, no lights once you get away from the oval. We parked further up the hill and had a few minutes walk back after and used the torches on our phones in the end :cute: I think we took a small backpack, rugged up, wooly hats, wellies and the like and it was fine. If we got cold we went and stood by the MASSIVE bonfire. And plenty of cash and coins for some food and kids stuff. Lucky dip and so on was popular. And they served a mean curry.

Sounds brilliant! And with our weather at the moment it sounds just like bonfire night in the UK!

Thanks for the tips. Kids have never seen a big bonfire....will really try to get there, thanks for the tips :smile:

This one is a HUGE fire - I think they must gather wood all year and chuck it on at once.

Oh and although the link says 6-10pm the fireworks are much earlier than that possibly even as early as 8pm (yep just found another link that confirms fireworks at 8pm).

Edited by flossybeth

We went - it was possibly busier than I've seen it before (although tbf this was only our 4th year so it may have been busier at other times). Fireworks were good, field was muddy (channeling Glastonbury) and the fire was big. We had a good night - even the 13 year old who'd rather have been at home playing CoD enjoyed himself.