My Wife Is A Stalker!!!

Guest morgie@51

Guest morgie@51

Had to share this story with everyone.

We are in the final stages of getting all the bits that we need for our rental house sorted before our own furniture arrives later this week (hopefully). We have been looking for a unit for the tv in the family room for a couple of weeks and finally decided today on the one we wanted/could afford.

We bought it from a place in Salisbury Plain which isn't far from us in Greenwith. They were talking about charging $50 for delivery and as we really wanted to have the unit sorted out today we decided that we would take the seats out of Ali's Kia Carnival and just fit the unit in the back. "Fine" said the guy in the shop, "you'll need to go and pick it up from the warehouse, it's only 2 streets away. Just follow Fred in the van".

Sounded perfect, we'd be able to pick it up and get it home in time to pick the kids up from school. We went outside to wait for Fred, me in my car and Ali in hers. Suddenly Ali started her engine and set off. This surpirsed me because the van that was outside the showroom hadn't moved, indeed it didn't have anyone in it. Assuming that Ali knew what she was doing I set off after her as she was in hot pursuit of another van. I assumed that Fred was in a different van, but as it was open sided it did strike me as a bit odd for a furniture shop.

Anyway as we thundered along (well as much as you can thunder on a nice big dual carriageway with a 50mph speed limit :arghh:) after this van I began to get a bad feeling. Firstly, we kept going surprisingly far for '2 streets'. Then the van kept changing lanes as if he wasn't aware that he was being followed making it really hard to keep track of him (or maybe he was trying to get rid of the weirdo in the Carnival that appeared to be following him). Then when we finally got off the main road the van nipped out at junctions and didn't hang around for us to catch up. In fact I was really impressed that we managed to keep track of the van at all.

After we had travelled about 6 or 7 miles we finally got to a small shopping centre where the van pulled in and parked. There didn't appear to be any warehouses at this shopping centre. Ali parked her car and as I drove past the van thinking to myself this doesn't seem right the driver got out of the van and looked at me very nervously. As I was thinking 'That's not Fred' this poor driver was obviously wondering who this pair of nutters were who'd just chased him from Salisbury to the other side of Elizabeth for about 6 miles. It became clear that he was a drink delivery van driver.

When I pointed out to Ali that this wasn't the right van and he wasn't the bloke we should have been following she said 'I thought it was a bit strange but he honked his horn so I followed him'.

We went back to the shop to be greeted by Fred staring in disbelief saying "What happened?". As I was fuming, I supportively insisted that Ali explain the idiocy that had just been played out which she did rather well through the continual giggles. Fortunately he saw the funny side and had brought the tv unit back from the warehouse so we could just pop it in the car. However, I do suspect that he went straight home to tell his family (and everyone else he knows) about the idiot English people he met today.

The moral of this story is be careful where you honk your horn. You never know, you may end up being chased for no apparent reason by a blue Kia Carvival that proves very difficult to shake off :biglaugh::biglaugh:. Ah well as Ali says if you didn't laugh you'd cry!! Fortunately I can now laugh with the help of a very nice, very reasonably priced cleanskin Shiraz.

Guest massive

Good to see Ali is now causing trouble on the otherside of the world. However we are getting a bit worried about the amount of cleansleaves you seem to be getting through :biglaugh:.

Glad to see you're settling well and hope to see you sometime in October if we ever get these visas!!!!

Take care 4 now

Debbie,Ste and Bradleys x

Guest cunnah10
Had to share this story with everyone.

We are in the final stages of getting all the bits that we need for our rental house sorted before our own furniture arrives later this week (hopefully). We have been looking for a unit for the tv in the family room for a couple of weeks and finally decided today on the one we wanted/could afford.

We bought it from a place in Salisbury Plain which isn't far from us in Greenwith. They were talking about charging $50 for delivery and as we really wanted to have the unit sorted out today we decided that we would take the seats out of Ali's Kia Carnival and just fit the unit in the back. "Fine" said the guy in the shop, "you'll need to go and pick it up from the warehouse, it's only 2 streets away. Just follow Fred in the van".

Sounded perfect, we'd be able to pick it up and get it home in time to pick the kids up from school. We went outside to wait for Fred, me in my car and Ali in hers. Suddenly Ali started her engine and set off. This surpirsed me because the van that was outside the showroom hadn't moved, indeed it didn't have anyone in it. Assuming that Ali knew what she was doing I set off after her as she was in hot pursuit of another van. I assumed that Fred was in a different van, but as it was open sided it did strike me as a bit odd for a furniture shop.

Anyway as we thundered along (well as much as you can thunder on a nice big dual carriageway with a 50mph speed limit :arghh:) after this van I began to get a bad feeling. Firstly, we kept going surprisingly far for '2 streets'. Then the van kept changing lanes as if he wasn't aware that he was being followed making it really hard to keep track of him (or maybe he was trying to get rid of the weirdo in the Carnival that appeared to be following him). Then when we finally got off the main road the van nipped out at junctions and didn't hang around for us to catch up. In fact I was really impressed that we managed to keep track of the van at all.

After we had travelled about 6 or 7 miles we finally got to a small shopping centre where the van pulled in and parked. There didn't appear to be any warehouses at this shopping centre. Ali parked her car and as I drove past the van thinking to myself this doesn't seem right the driver got out of the van and looked at me very nervously. As I was thinking 'That's not Fred' this poor driver was obviously wondering who this pair of nutters were who'd just chased him from Salisbury to the other side of Elizabeth for about 6 miles. It became clear that he was a drink delivery van driver.

When I pointed out to Ali that this wasn't the right van and he wasn't the bloke we should have been following she said 'I thought it was a bit strange but he honked his horn so I followed him'.

We went back to the shop to be greeted by Fred staring in disbelief saying "What happened?". As I was fuming, I supportively insisted that Ali explain the idiocy that had just been played out which she did rather well through the continual giggles. Fortunately he saw the funny side and had brought the tv unit back from the warehouse so we could just pop it in the car. However, I do suspect that he went straight home to tell his family (and everyone else he knows) about the idiot English people he met today.

The moral of this story is be careful where you honk your horn. You never know, you may end up being chased for no apparent reason by a blue Kia Carvival that proves very difficult to shake off :biglaugh::biglaugh:. Ah well as Ali says if you didn't laugh you'd cry!! Fortunately I can now laugh with the help of a very nice, very reasonably priced cleanskin Shiraz.

How funny!

U two are a scream!But i bet you are loving every minute and having great fun!

Have the kids settled quickly for you?

Have fun!Enjoy your new adventure!

Gill