Indian Restuarant

Its called the Balti House I think (I have been and would highly recommend it!). If you are heading South on Goodwood Road, go past The Goody (pub) on left and past the theatre. After the theatre you will see a church (quite modern looking, possibly catholic) on the left and its in the next block on the left. I think there is also a pizza place in the same block. The restaraunt itself is only small - but well worth a visit. Sorry I cant be any more specific!

Guest Libby1971

Yep, The Balti House. It is on the corner of Goodwood Road and Mitchell Street.

There is the bridge across Goodwood Road (when travelling from the south) and the second turning on the right after this is Mitchell Street. There is a car park behind it.

Bl**dy fantastic

Guest Nick11
Yep, The Balti House. It is on the corner of Goodwood Road and Mitchell Street.

There is the bridge across Goodwood Road (when travelling from the south) and the second turning on the right after this is Mitchell Street. There is a car park behind it.

Bl**dy fantastic

If Libby says its good - that's one better than a mitchelin star.

She knows her curries!

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

My god they do John Smiths, my hubby is craving for a John Smiths looks like we are going to have to have a trip down there.

Guest Aaron

I went there too with the recommendation of a fellow englishman, Was the most "like home" indian ive found so far, Always good washing it down with a john smiths too!

I got my manager to get some of that at work, im sure i was the only one drinking it, but it was worth it! ha.

hhhhmmmmmm as a lover of indian food i am slightly concerned :shocked:

have you not been in adelaide a while andrew? is this your first curry since arriving? is there a shortage of indian take aways and restaurants? is there not a culture of take away joints on every corner to just call up and order?

oh help - you need to let me know what to expect so i can prepare :swoon:

sjs

Ha ha,

yes there are Indian restuarants in Adelaide and most are very nice too. However there is a slight difference in Australian style Indian and British style Indians. Just quirky things really like the papadums and the yoghurt sauce. A few other things to, that was my first British Style Indian for over 8 months, so very enjoyable.

Well we have tried two indian places so far and have been very disappointed, as you say they are a different style.

We tried one in Morphett Vale that came recommended and it was horrible, I couldn't eat it and I love my food, the other was the Veena in Brighton again extremely disappointing so next stop Goodwood Road.

There is a great indian in the little street off gouger st opposite the market in the city, they also sell a great selection of traditional indian sweets from the front of the place, not just those curly orange syrupy ones or gulab jamil.

About half of the restaurants here are run by indian people who are from Fiji, and so the food mayhave the same name but cooked slightly differently. It also depends how much the food has been altered to suit western tastebuds a bit like chinese food.

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:We have found the best Indian ......even better than the ones in the uk , it was two Fridays ago at Guzzlers:notworthy:, does that man cook a mean Indian, bloody fantastic. cheers Graham

Guest graandjac
Does he do Take Away?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:I tell you what after all the stick he gives me i would love to give out his tel no for takeaways...!!!!!!!. cheers Graham

My god they do John Smiths, my hubby is craving for a John Smiths looks like we are going to have to have a trip down there.
You can buy John smiths from good ole Dans!!!:)

Guest nick0
:biglaugh:We have found the best Indian ......even better than the ones in the uk , it was two Fridays ago at Guzzlers:notworthy:, does that man cook a mean Indian, bloody fantastic. cheers Graham

Where's Guzzlers then?

• 2 weeks later...

He probably has the Curry Secret book. We do and the curry's are just like the restaurants back in ole blighty but then my hubby is a chef!

I've just been recommended another English Indian restaurant called the British India on Morphett Street in the City, anyone been there? This is the link:

http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/british_india/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Rob and Clare
Hi everyone,

Went and tried the curry house on goodwood road last night and it did not disappoint it was just what the DR ordered. Just like my local curry house back home !!!

Kris

it's good isn't it, even down to the green mint sauce and mango chutney.. Priceless...

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi everyone. We tried the Raj on Taj, King William Road, Hyde Park, last weekend and it was superb - authentic and also very reasonably priced. Our regular haunt was the Taj Tandoor on Rundle Street but I think we have just changed our preference. Cheers.