what about the tea then?

Guest sjs

so after getting involved in the thread about the quality and taste of indian food available in adelaide i want to know about tea bags. i must wake up with a good cup of tea. we have relatives in perth and our family recently went out there and said they could not get a decent cup of tea - the relatives have been there over 30 yrs so you think they would have the t bags sorted.

so advice please - i have the name of the street for the indian and now i want the name of the best t bags please

thanks in advance

sjs

Guest Amelia&Fred

well, apparently you can find pg tips in the exotic food aisle of foodland!! Dilmah is really nice and you can get twinning here... plus there are chinese shops which sell all manner of loose teas... so there you go!

and further to your last post... Aroma on Hutt Street does amazing indian food - it's not like traditional british indian food... but different and gorgeous, try their special dishes they're divine mmmm

Amelia and Fred

http://www.funkeldink.com

Guest deborah
so after getting involved in the thread about the quality and taste of indian food available in adelaide i want to know about tea bags. i must wake up with a good cup of tea. we have relatives in perth and our family recently went out there and said they could not get a decent cup of tea - the relatives have been there over 30 yrs so you think they would have the t bags sorted.

so advice please - i have the name of the street for the indian and now i want the name of the best t bags please

thanks in advance

sjs

If it is anything like tea in the States then there is no hope. Lipton I think they call it!

Surely a good brew depends on decent water.

Can't beat good old yorkshire tea with yorkshire water.

I will probably convert to coffee!!

Guest Tina P

Hi,

I drank Tetley's T-bags in the uk and they sell them in all the supermarkets here.

I suppose it depends on the type you are used to, my friend liked Yorkshire Tea in the uk and she says she can not find a decent Tea here, for me Yorkshire Tea is too strong.

Im not a coffee drinker so I did wonder if I would get a decent cuppa in Oz but its just the same taste.

Tina

Guest Amelia&Fred

he he as a yorkshire person i love yorkshire tea with yorkshire water.... the water here is not very nice... we're started using boxed water for drinking, then filtered water for making a cup of tea.... that makes a massive difference.... not seen yorkshire tea out here yet!!!

:):)

amelia and fred

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Can't beat good old yorkshire tea

Ah miss those days driving around Yorkshire looking at the tea plantations, they just seemed to go on for miles and miles;),

Guzzler

Guest chillyanna

i have been looking on the woolworths website to see what items they sell that we have here in the uk and i was glad to see tetley tea bags and they seemed a good price aswell so i will be giving them a try first. i would like to bring a 160 pack with me but with AQUIS and customs in the airport i saw on SKY T.V they jump on you for bringing in such things, so i will just buy T bags from woolys when i arrive.

cheers

paul

Guest katsmajic

I got some black and gold - cheapy - tea bags in as our kids went through 300 pgtips in a week, and was really pleasantly surprised as to how ok they were.

i left it 'stewing' a little longer than normal before removing the bag...and seriously it really is not a bad cuppa char....

but if your talking coffee - give up...none of it is any good unless you use 2 teaspoons....we now make filter or 'special' coffees on our shiny new expresso/coffee machine.

Ah miss those days driving around Yorkshire looking at the tea plantations, they just seemed to go on for miles and miles;),

Guzzler

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm almost positive you can buy Yorkshire Tea from the little shop in Colonnades, I think it's called Rito's or Riso's??? You can get PG Tips in Coles but it's pretty expensive. I just buy Tetley's for Richie. I don't drink the stuff so I couldn't give a monkey's really!!

thanks in advance

sjs

Try Dilma's extra strength tea bags. Tetleys and PG tips are just sweepings off the floor in comparison. Trust me i'm a tea fanatic. Paul

Guest Django
Ah miss those days driving around Yorkshire looking at the tea plantations, they just seemed to go on for miles and miles

:biglaugh:

I don't drink the stuff so I couldn't give a monkey's really!!

Me neither. I ran out of coffee and as we had some tea in (Tracey's mum drinks it) I thought I would try the stuff and see why it makes things better when your upset (seen it on Eastenders). Anyway made 'a brew' and very nearly 2.gif and so went shopping. :biglaugh:

Deep respect to all you tea drinkers. I really don't know how you do it. :notworthy:

Pete

Can't stand Dilmah's - like drinking a cup of tea made by someone wearing strong perfume! Most of the cafes seem to serve Liptons (yukk) but I find the Tetleys All Rounder Bags are the best of the bunch, although in the market you can buy Yorkshire Tea bags if that's the kind you like (don't like them myself - tea is too caramel coloured!) If you like coffee, there is a great stall in the Market called The Grind (I think) that sells all different kinds of beans, as well as Cons Food Market. Love the smell of coffee brewing, hate the taste of it though!

Yorkshire tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: Tasted like stewed nettles! ..........each to thier own I suppose:)

BTW ........the longer you are here, your taste buds adapt:)

Yorkshire tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: Tasted like stewed nettles! ..........each to thier own I suppose:)

BTW ........the longer you are here, your taste buds adapt:)

Are you having a girafe?

Yorkshire tea is the best tea in the world.

And by the way we live on the edge of the plantation by the pudding factory.;)

Guest Libby1971

In the UK I drank PG Tips and nothing else.

Here, they taste wishy washy and 'odd' - I put it down to the water.

I did drink Tetleys for a while, that was good but then got introduced to Dilmah tea bags. Very nice. Highly recommended.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I was on Dilmah for while there Libby, but tried the liptons intense, now thery are nice . But I bought a box of normal lipton cat pisssss yuck!

I will be trying the tetly british. My friend had tetley all rounders were not too keen on those so lets hope the the british are better.

Is the yorkshire tea plantation near the yorkshire pudding plant............do they grow bisto there too?????:biglaugh:

Guest Amelia&Fred

i brought tea bags in to oz from new zealand - i declared them, stood in a declare queue for an hour in melbourne, they let me have them and we missed our flight to adelaide...

lesson learnt :)

this thread goes to show how personal a tea of cup is.... give it up and drink red wine instead!

amelia and fred

Guest Guest75
i brought tea bags in to oz from new zealand - i declared them, stood in a declare queue for an hour in melbourne, they let me have them and we missed our flight to adelaide...

lesson learnt :)

this thread goes to show how personal a tea of cup is.... give it up and drink red wine instead!

amelia and fred

www.funkeldink.com

Now this thread is making sense at the mention of wine :)