restaurant recommendations wanted x

ozzieclare2be

Its my birthday next week and my cousin has kindly offered to babysit. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant? Havent been out as a couple yet so no idea where to go, anything but italian or inidan. Im also coelaic but alot of good restaurants will help me out with this if i ring them in advance ,it doesnt have to be posh just somewhere with a nice atmosphere that we can enjoy . thanks x:jiggy:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

the Strathmore in the city, they bring out the raw steak on a hot stone, fantastic.

Or Montezumers in Glenelg (mexican) you can have it as hot or not as you like..

My two favs

sarah

Guest Rob and Clare

Best restuarant in the city is Magill Estate at penfolds winery, Magill, if you like A la carte food and great wine... Book a window table and you get a great view over the winery and the city in the background...

And Petaluma's at bridgwater, a converted water mill..

Guest swampo

The Pattaya Thai - 147 Oc'Connell Street, North Adelaide is fab. Really good food and friendly staff (tel: 8239 0202). After your meal pop along to The Roay Oak just 2 minutes down the road for a drink and (usually) some live entertainment. Thouroughly recommend both places.

Guest Medindie Delight

There are some great suggestions there, but for a great night out the Tapp Inn at Kent town is supurb, the restuarant at the back is quite classy for a pub (not being rude but try the toilets, they are unisex with a glass door) and it's not too expensive, then having a drink on the swings in the atrium is a blast....

Guest graandjac

:)Two weeks ago we went to the Lion Hotel(resturant/pub) in North Adelaide well ther northern part of CBD in Melbourne street. I can only say it was the best meal i have ever had , fanbloodytastic:jiggy:. It was a treat as the bill for 4 of us was inc 3 bottles of wine $380.00 , which by Adelaide standards is expensive, but worth every penny. Then when we had finished the adjoining pub has live music untill the early hours with a great atmosphere. Dont forget the Entertainment book it has a $30.00 voucher.....enjoy your night where ever you end up Cheers Graham

Just wanted to say thankyou so much for the recommendations. They all sound lovely but mostly up north or a bit . We have decided not to wander too far from home being that its first time we have left alex with anyone in australia. I have found a chinese in mc claren vale that has a gluten free menu yey so i cant wait!! If we ever get to venture out again (laugh this is 3rd time we have been out as a couple without alex since he was born ) we might try one of those xx:)

but if anyone has a teenager who might like to babysit once a month let me know xx:)

Just wanted to say thankyou so much for the recommendations. They all sound lovely but mostly up north or a bit . We have decided not to wander too far from home being that its first time we have left alex with anyone in australia. I have found a chinese in mc claren vale that has a gluten free menu yey so i cant wait!! If we ever get to venture out again (laugh this is 3rd time we have been out as a couple without alex since he was born ) we might try one of those xx:)

but if anyone has a teenager who might like to babysit once a month let me know xx:)

Hi Clare,

Try Dette (Minkyme) for babysitting as I'm fairly sure she'd be able to help.:)

I have found a chinese in mc claren vale that has a gluten free menu yey so i cant wait!!

Good luck with that. We are still looking for a decent chinese down south. Given up trying now.

Have you tried the Almond Train in McLaren Vale? They do great food and fab milkshakes!

Guest xhaylesx
Hi Clare,

Try Dette (Minkyme) for babysitting as I'm fairly sure she'd be able to help.:)

hey honey. Im happy to sit for you if you ever need me. Leaving three kids to look after one sounds a good idea to me. :P

Hope you have a good night. xxx